Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an estimate from the best tuning shop in my area and they told me that it would take about 7 hours to intall my toyomoto headers. I know the headers are a bitch to install, but is 7 hours a rip off ($70/hr)? Let me know if you guys had any experience with the time frame of the installation of headers (not nec. toyomotos). Thanks!

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
that seems a bit high from what even shady tree mechanics are being able to do it at their houses

BassMan097 said:
I got an estimate from the best tuning shop in my area and they told me that it would take about 7 hours to intall my toyomoto headers. I know the headers are a bitch to install, but is 7 hours a rip off ($70/hr)? Let me know if you guys had any experience with the time frame of the installation of headers (not nec. toyomotos). Thanks!

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
Do it yourself man. I did mine with one other person in 2.5 hours!

·
Registered
76 Posts
That is just insane, it shouldn't take a shop over an hour to do it. 2 hours TOPS.

It doesn't even take 7 hours to pull an engine, transmission and entire exhaust.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2JZ-GTE-Boostin said:
That is just insane, it shouldn't take a shop over an hour to do it. 2 hours TOPS.

It doesn't even take 7 hours to pull an engine, transmission and entire exhaust.
Yeah man, thats what i thought. Here are their other estimates for the mods i wanted them to do:

Headers: 7 hours
Suspension swap (replace shocks/springs): 5 hours
AFC install and dyno tune:5 hours
pulleys: 2.5 hours

Is this insane or what??? AND, they want over $70/hour.

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
BassMan097 said:
2JZ-GTE-Boostin said:

Yeah man, thats what i thought. Here are their other estimates for the mods i wanted them to do:

Holy shit :eek: ...my advice is to find a new shop!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lil' IS 300 said:
BassMan097 said:
2JZ-GTE-Boostin said:

Well, they are very very good...im gonna go there on friday and tell them i know they're full of shit, and if they dont budge, i'll find a new shop, cus these prices are nuts...I mean, even if they dont rip me off, its still about a grand or more in business for them...

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
BassMan.....Let me know what shop it is through PM..I have a idea who it is....Still insane pricing but INCREDIBLE work....

Dan
02' MSM IS300
STOCK.....
.......It comes with the T-70 and the 6-Speed right ?....
TOYOMOTO Built & Tuned
"I'm so far ahead of my time, I'm bout to start another life
Look behind you, I'm bout to pass you twice"......S.C.

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
not to be a downer, but if you go there and tell them you think they're ripping you off, even if they lower the prices, they will probably not do as good a job as they can...

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
7 hours for which car/motor?

-gte

2JZ-GTE-Boostin said:

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
IS300GTE said:
7 hours for which car/motor?

-gte

2JZ-GTE-Boostin said:

Stock IS 300 Engine

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
BassMan097 said:
lil' IS 300 said:
BassMan097 said:
2JZ-GTE-Boostin said:

Well, they are very very good...im gonna go there on friday and tell them i know they're full of shit, and if they dont budge, i'll find a new shop, cus these prices are nuts...I mean, even if they dont rip me off, its still about a grand or more in business for them...
Hey BassMan.. While you're at it, go spend a couple hundred bucks on an oil change... If you're anywhere in SoKali I'll do it for you for a straight hundred bucks... it shouldn't take me more then 3 hours or so...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts