Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just installed some figs/ppe headers and sometimes when I turn left hard they will bang on the front A brace, anyone know if the megan racing PN: SB-HBLI01-F will give me more clearance for the exhaust? Or I may get get stiffer motor mounts any advice will be great thanks guys

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
have you emailed figs yet? if not, i suggest you do.
I did they mostly said check your motor mounts, I have dealt with the banging mostly but on left corners if I turn sharp while giving it gas it will bang so I'm mostly just looking for abit more clearance

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
maybe with enough banging, it will sort itself out. Nothing really wrong with a little metal on metal tapping
OCD my man its my baby, your right tho I already banged the sub frame and pipe a little bit but its a hollow pipe so I don't wanna bash it anymore. But Its just really violent when I drift and that is somewhat of a problem, so I may look into stiffer motor mounts

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Hey guys just installed some figs/ppe headers and sometimes when I turn left hard they will bang on the front A brace, anyone know if the megan racing PN: SB-HBLI01-F will give me more clearance for the exhaust? Or I may get get stiffer motor mounts any advice will be great thanks guys
The Megan clear no problem. I have not heard of an issue with the PPE. Have you check your braces? As for hitting the sub frame. Have you hit the sub frame on something? If so, it may be miss aligned.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Megan clear no problem. I have not heard of an issue with the PPE. Have you check your braces? As for hitting the sub frame. Have you hit the sub frame on something? If so, it may be miss aligned.
Sorry what is banging on is part number 51403-53010 it is the front a brace. Do you have the megan motor mounts yourself and it helped with clearance? or are you referring to the brace from megan

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Sorry what is banging on is part number 51403-53010 it is the front a brace. Do you have the megan motor mounts yourself and it helped with clearance? or are you referring to the brace from megan
The Megan I was referring to is there header. As for their motor mounts they are the same as the factory. They are just solid rubber. So a little stiffer.

What "brace" are you referring too?

·
Mr. Roo
9,339 Posts
OCD my man its my baby, your right tho I already banged the sub frame and pipe a little bit but its a hollow pipe so I don't wanna bash it anymore. But Its just really violent when I drift and that is somewhat of a problem, so I may look into stiffer motor mounts
Well it sounds like it's fine under normal daily driving conditions. Not sure there's anyone else with your specific setup in drifting, so you might have to get creative if your mounts are fine. Sounds like things are just flexing a lot in the car from the drifting forces.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Considering how bolted down the front headers are, if the motor isn't moving, I don't see how they could hit something. I'd be more inclined to think the rear part of the exhaust is banging around because it's only held in place with large rubber bands.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts