Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a reputable business who can install an aftermarket head unit in my IS? I prefer someone who actually did an install on an IS already. At least they already know the in's and out's and do's and don'ts. Thanks

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
www.socal-custom.com
In Encinitas
talk to Spencer - tell him wes sent you :wink:
He might cost a lot but he knows his shit. He is a beast.

If you wanna stay in South San Diego, then try Street Noyz or La Jolla Audio, but LJA costs a SHITLOAD

·
Legacy Mod
6,093 Posts
I second this, when I was working at Autohaus Stebel. I had to re-wire almost 30 cars from tweeters (Previously Dow) for stupidity in wiring practices. For instance accidentally turning on hazards or blinkers and then wiring the 12+ to the blinkers, some times they would wire at al they would shove the wire in with a fuse :roll:. Another common fubar was when they would put electric solenoids in the door to unlock the pneumatic latch system and they never got it right. They were always too small, they instead could have wired the alarm to the compressor in the trunk and had it lock and unlock the doors like it should be

Hey Edgar Papasmurf on CL had his car installed at a pretty goood place i go thte card somewhere but can't find it i will pm him and see if i can get the info.

DegoIS said:
no tweeter - trust me :wink:

·
Registered
109 Posts
NO TWEETER! I agree - I got a custom job done by fashion valley and was running the stock head unit and they FUC*in cut my RCA's and BUTT PLUG them to the HEAD UNIT! They told me I would need the HI-LOW converter and i bought it and then realize it wasn't there! GO TO PROGRESSIVE MOBILE! in rosecrans or on the BASE

·
Legacy Mod
6,093 Posts
Sorry couldn't find the card, but got the number from Papasmurf. They did Papa's install there, looks great too.

San Diego Auto Stereo Outlet
2710 Garnet Ave.
San Diego, Ca.
(858) 581-2434

eortiz said:
Thanks again guys! Steve, let me know when you find the business card.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
CarbonIS300
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing