Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey im a definite noob to this forums and just purchased my frist lexus today. Its a 2001 IS 300 (black) one of the first things i noticed was there was no stero/headunit i didnt think it was a big deal at the time but now im reading about a factory amp and such and well I'm pretty lost. So where do i go from here I have just a basic Pioneer headunit that I want to install for now any input?? Am I even going to be able to find a harness to install this?? Again sorry for my incompitenece Im comming from the Acura and Miata world so all this luxury stuff is new to me

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
1. Welcome

2. You would get more useful info in the proper forum: Mobiletronics - my.IS - Lexus IS Forum

3. Read the Sticky: http://my.is/forums/f103/useful-audio-posts-all-links-working-now-128656/

3. I've heard that wire harnesses used tor retain the OEM amp are hit or miss. I would (and have) bypassed the factory amp and powered the speakers with either the Pioneer HU or a separate amp.

4. If you bypass the factory amp, you will need to replace the rear speakers...might as well replace your fronts too.

5. You will need some sort of dash kit around the Pioneer HU. Single/double Din?

Reactions: Maki
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.