Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, i would like to change the bulbs of my head and fogs to hyper white! is it worth getting the hyper white for the heads (9005)? how would my drl's look? also, what's the highest wattage i could use for those without risking the chance of melting the harness? any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
dwards_is300 said:
hi guys, i would like to change the bulbs of my head and fogs to hyper white! is it worth getting the hyper white for the heads (9005)? how would my drl's look? also, what's the highest wattage i could use for those without risking the chance of melting the harness? any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks

I went with all piaa bulbs, and for the fogs also (better if they are the JDM fogs)

Also, watch the wattage just due to the harnesses melting etc...

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
^I also bought the PIAA drl/brights and it sucked. $40 later I still have yellow lights.
Box said "Hyperwhite" and looked promising. wtf.

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
HondaSchmonda said:
^I also bought the PIAA drl/brights and it sucked. $40 later I still have yellow lights.
Box said "Hyperwhite" and looked promising. wtf.

:lol:

PIAA makes all kinds, have to get the "right" ones I suppose

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
IMPRIMIS said:
:lol:

PIAA makes all kinds, have to get the "right" ones I suppose
I figured they'd be the right ones seeing as they said "hyperwhite" on it and gave the impression that they'd shine a nice blue color.
I paid $40 dollars for drl's that were more yellow than the stock ones.

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
On a sidenote - I really want the bulbs that I've seen on here that reflect a very nice blue while the lights are turned off. Which ones are those?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts