Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a late post. I actully got mines done two weeks ago. I didn't post because I don't think there are to much people from hawaii on this board. And there is only one lexus dealer here so it not like we can compare.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I'm waiting on that update as well. I've been told by my dealer (Lexus of Maui) that they didn't have the equipment to do it yet. This was about a month ago.

Thanks for the info. I'll recheck w/them about doing it.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Orkin,

I want to personally thank you for infoming me that the Hawaii Lexus dealerships were doing the ECU/TRAC updates.

I just got mine done yesterday.

The car is shifts smoother in slow moving traffic, but I don't feel the sensation of an increase in power that other board members reported. It's just smoother at the gearbox.

I would like to say that it's boards like these that keep the auto enthusiasts informed. I would never have known of the ECU/TRAC issues if not for this board. It was because of this board that I kept badgering the dealership to perform the update. It was through this board that I learned of the VIN # range of the affected vehicles. I also learned through this board to bring all my keys to the dealership when the update is being done.

My service manager expressed that if I had not been so informed, he would not have known there was even a problem. He still has yet to approach most of his customers about the update. I still don't think Lexus has a consistent corporate position/policy on this ECU/TRAC issue.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First off your welcome. Next you brought your keys I didn't do that. Why did you bring your keys. All my keys work fine. If possible can you give me some info on what they did to your keys? Another question for you how is your undercarriage? Well thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Actually, I have no idea why I brought all my keys, but I remembered somewhere in another post about bringing all the keys, so I did. I have no idea why this was necessary. When I handed all the keys to the service mgr. he was glad that I brought all the keys.

I've had the car since December w/no undercarriage problems.

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
Have you guys noticed any big difference in ride? The guys here in SJ are saying that once it is done you may not be used to the way it shifts etc and that you'd have to pay to have it changed back.

Any complaints or rave reviews on it?

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
With regards to the ECU/shifting update, I don't think I'm qualified to give a long term review, but it just feels smoother.

I don't think the pre-update ride characteristic was better or worse, just different.

The TRAC is definitely better. There is a particular street entrance that I traverse daily and it's on a steep hill that merges w/fast traffic from a stop. When I applied firm throttle under the old TRAC, the car would detect the slightest wheel spin and compensate w/brake application. The TRAC would activate even when the road was completely dry. It would be frustrating trying to merge with the car kinda "stuck" for fractions of a second. W/the new TRAC unit, this sensation is gone. This ability to merge is better at least w/respect to the TRAC unit.

I'll let you know when I get more miles on the update.

·
Registered
730 Posts
hmm... i just got my car serviced at servco Lexus, too bad i didnt read about this before i took my car in.

Sorry im so illiterate, Orkin could we just bring our car in and ask them for a ECU update? Is there a cost?

·
Registered
730 Posts
What did u guys tell the dealers here in hawaii? Poor traction? Sluggish acceleration? long shifting?

Please let me know, i'm feeling those problems when im driving my IS.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
47 Posts
Who did you talk to at Lexus (Oahu)? Also I was wondering if anyone in HI has done mods on their cars or talked to the guys at Servco about warranty stuff. Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts