Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before you post your retarded plea for help....

Search for the word snow... and read all the threads from Dec 15, 2000 thru Jan 15, 2001.

That should give you every possible scenario of snow mishaps, selecting winter tires, prices we paid, who slid off the road, why they slid, etc etc.

That was the first winter IS300 owners surpassed. Lotta helpful original info there.

Please there is no need to cry and post your winter tragedy and tell us stuff we already know. Take my advice and read the posts.

·
Registered
861 Posts
No it doesn't... :shame:

lil' IS 300 said:
Thanks...I leave with one comment: The IS300 sucks in the snow.

That is all :wink:

·
Registered
210 Posts
yes it does,

my brother's s2000 handles better in the snow.

i think this is the worst rwd i ever driven in the snow

god :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: took me 15 mins to do a 3 point turn in my drive way. The S2000 took less than 4 seconds.

·
Registered
861 Posts
My IS is a snow mobile with no problems at all... Of course if you picked up some good snow tires you wouldn't have a problem ether :roll:

BostonRed said:
yes it does,

my brother's s2000 handles better in the snow.

i think this is the worst rwd i ever driven in the snow

god :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: took me 15 mins to do a 3 point turn in my drive way. The S2000 took less than 4 seconds.

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
my IS was pretty damn fun in the snow :D

i only got stuck on solid ice sheets (stayed too late at a girl's house), and also someone's driveway w/ 4-5 inches of snow...anything else was ok.

·
11,062 Posts
lilaznboi said:
my IS was pretty damn fun in the snow :D

i only got stuck on solid ice sheets (stayed too late at a girl's house), and also someone's driveway w/ 4-5 inches of snow...anything else was ok.
Well, anything, including 4WD, has a hard time on solid ice.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well the snow storm put down at least 6 inches from yesterday noon till thins morning...i saw a IS drove in and parked then my class was canceled then when i was going out for 3rd class it was in front of my dorm ... well i guess it doesn't have much problem going up and down the campus...and i checked it doesn't have snow tires on... :eek:
I and i got a question do u shift differently in snow?
it might seem a stupid question....yea i dun own a IS yet...but i hope i will get one soon... 8)

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I have Blizzack LM22s on my ride and its fine. Also, try using the SNOW button, it works wonders :wink: Everything I've had before this was front wheel drive, so it took some getting used to. Just go to a parking lot and f around for a while to get a feel for the car.

·
Registered
174 Posts
lil' IS 300 said:
Thanks...I leave with one comment: The IS300 sucks in the snow.

That is all :wink:
umm.. no.
improperly configured the IS300 sucks in the snow. Anyone who has to drive in the snow with a RWD car and doesn't at the very least get decent all season tires then says the car sucks in the snow needs to get a brain. Hell, ALL cars suck in the snow when not properly equipped. I'll bet my old Integra would suck ass in the snow with 17" Zrated summer tires. Hell, my buddy's S4 sucks in the snow with his RE040s.

Use some brains, get the right gear, and the IS300 drives better in the snow than most cars out there. I went up a hill last year that an AWD minivan gave up on.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
Re: snow

no doubt, and that is the highest output of that they have ever gotten from a stock S2000, another words, that was on its best day :D

djruf said:
Your brother's S2000 handles well in the snow, because it has NO TORQUE!!!

You have to rev it pretty high to get any torque, 153 lb-ft@7500rpm, vs 218 [email protected]

·
Registered
973 Posts
BigDaddyRich said:
Lets kee this thread about IS300 snow FAQ stuff..... please search and learn
yo rich i barely got home with the car driving in 3 inch snow with summer tires
but the dudes finally slapped the kit on.. car looks fucken amazing
seriously dudes stoped me at a light to take pics of my car

ill show it to u when the snow melts

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
mokujin101 said:
BigDaddyRich said:
Lets kee this thread about IS300 snow FAQ stuff..... please search and learn
yo rich i barely got home with the car driving in 3 inch snow with summer tires
but the dudes finally slapped the kit on.. car looks fucken amazing
seriously dudes stoped me at a light to take pics of my car

ill show it to u when the snow melts
Mokujin101 ... I am glad it worked out well. I told you the kit would look pimp! Anything to help out a local IS300 owner ;)
I know about the stoplight thing. I got tired of "giving the speech" as my girl calls it .. at stoplights :) When the snow melts swing by my house. Good luck and drive safe.

·
my.is Headlight Guru
4,786 Posts
I sure am glad that it dosen't snow down here! Buying another set of tires and stuff dosen't sound like much fun.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
15 Participants
LCA575
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing