Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been raining the last two days here and I have been having a little too much fun in the IS. Whenever I would come to a stop sign, I would put it in E-shift mode and push the pedal about 3/4's of the way down. I Would let the wheels spin untill it redlined then shift into 3 and 4th and it would finally regain traction. I was wondering if this is can have any bad effects on the cars tranny or such. I know I shouldn't do it, but until I get my boost next year, this is the only tire spin I will get! :lol: I never floor it all of the way though, because then it won't shift properly and could possibly do some damage. I did however do this by accident yesterday. I was driving in 2nd on this tar road at about 21 mph and then I hit it 3/4's of the way and there was instant wheelspin and the mph gauge jumped to 62! Can there be any possible damage besides tire wear from doing this?

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
I've never done it at a stoplight, I'm not that reckless, but I have done it on the top story of an empty parking structure, made of concrete (smoother than asphault).

That was pretty fun, I spent a good hour up there bussin' mad spins and what not.

·
8,880 Posts
^^^^
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh, you poor things, only get to have fun in the rain.

TRY SNOW!!! :lol: :eek:
x10 factor of rain!

Also try turning your steering wheel while the wheels are loose. :crazy:

P.S.
Caution must be used when doing the 2 things above, or it could be a Bye-Bye IS type of a situation.

·
Registered
466 Posts
LexIS307 said:
its kinda like a dyno.....wheels spin, dont go anywhwre....
except on a dyno, your wheels are trying to move a heavy as barrel in the ground, while just spinning out you're just overcoming friction and the rotational inertia of the wheels and such

1 - 6 of 6 Posts