Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, I tried searching but couldn't turn anything up so this will be my first post. I'm looking for a specific type of shift knob that maybe you guys have seen. I have a 5 speed and I'm looking for a metal sphere. Just like the stock one on the autos. I just cant stand the "half chrome" look we have. Any ideas? Oh and it must have no lower neck on it. Maybe there is a way to make auto knob fit onto the manual tranny? Thanks for the help!!!

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
theleftone said:
hey I'm looking for a specific type of shift knob that maybe you guys have seen. I have a 5 speed and I'm looking for a metal sphere. Just like the stock one on the autos. I just cant stand the "half chrome" look we have. Any ideas? Oh and it must have no neck on it. Thanks for the help!!!
get a chunk of aluminum, grind it down to the size you want, polish it, and put a hole in the center :) Congrats, you now have a fully polished shift knob.

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
get a chunk of aluminum, grind it down to the size you want, polish it, and put a hole in the center Congrats, you now have a fully polished shift knob.
Not that easy but ok :lol:

1 Alum. is expensive

I designed one in fact, the cost factor was too high and webmaster never got back to me so I never made a batch

Was trying to get them in the .net store for a little bit in fact

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
eh, just get some computer cases from a junkyard and melt them down :)

·
3,369 Posts
These JDM Razo knobs will screw on and fit like a glove. Should be able to buy these online with a bit of searching. No need to mess around with multiple screws like you have to with Momo knobs.

Razo RA21

Razo RA23

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
The Razo ball fits nice, BUT ... there's a gap between the knob and the leather boot. It's not that big a deal, but it's there.

·
大古古
1,287 Posts
storm said:
The Razo ball fits nice, BUT ... there's a gap between the knob and the leather boot. It's not that big a deal, but it's there.
and the greddy doesn't :p looks much nicer and you get to change out the colors of the shift patern according to you mood :)

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
there's the Trust knob

1 - 14 of 14 Posts