Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As there's been a lot of recent discussion regarding the R154, v160/161 and w58 trannies, I thought it might be a good idea to get some nice feedback from people who actually have them.
Let's do it in a nice, orderly format...

(for example)

PFS Stage II turbo <--------Your Kit
w58 swap <--------Your tranny swap
7,500 miles <--------How long you've had the "new" tranny
$1,000 installed <--------Total Cost
PFS <--------Who did your swap


Details of swap: <--------Cost breakdown, fabrication?, compare to w55

w58 with 50k miles: $500
Install: $500
Total Cost Installed: $1,000

w58 is the same tranny that was used MKxx supras.
Bolts right up, no fabrication needed.

The 5spd w58 transmission feels quite similar to the stock w55. The gearing is different, so that xxxxx is now the case.

You guys get the point...so let's hear about them!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,796 Posts
i thought the w58 is from the mkiii supras?

but never the less, this is gonna be a great post for tranny info :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
goldznnz said:
i thought the w58 is from the mkiii supras?

but never the less, this is gonna be a great post for tranny info :D
I can't remember what it's from, so someone with a w58 will just have to say where! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
hey veterans can you guys explain the the different tranny codes? im new to the toyota world....wubt would like to learn more about tranny swapps.
 

·
Penetration Specialist
Joined
·
22,782 Posts
SRT Stage 2.5 Turbo
V161 Six Speed Swap
0 miles - Has not been installed yet
~$5k, give or take.
SRT installed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
is a tranny swap even possible from an auto with eshift to manual?
i just see people putting down more power with a manual.
 

·
Penetration Specialist
Joined
·
22,782 Posts
CRAMEROX said:
is a tranny swap even possible from an auto with eshift to manual?
i just see people putting down more power with a manual.
ltuned&boosted went from an auto to a 6 speed. he's not the first i dont think.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Wino_II said:
CRAMEROX said:
is a tranny swap even possible from an auto with eshift to manual?
i just see people putting down more power with a manual.
ltuned&boosted went from an auto to a 6 speed. he's not the first i dont think.
i feel like sucha noob..give me a honda and i can tell you anything about them...

what does a swap like this cost?

i assume you need tranny, new shift linkage, hardware for the clutch pedal, new ecu? and maybe a new gauge cluster?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
742 Posts
CRAMEROX said:
Wino_II said:
CRAMEROX said:
is a tranny swap even possible from an auto with eshift to manual?
i just see people putting down more power with a manual.
ltuned&boosted went from an auto to a 6 speed. he's not the first i dont think.
i feel like sucha noob..give me a honda and i can tell you anything about them...

what does a swap like this cost?

i assume you need tranny, new shift linkage, hardware for the clutch pedal, new ecu? and maybe a new gauge cluster?
Its not worth going Auto to Manual Unless if your F/i..Only 1 person on this site has done auto to Stock Manualand it was a bitch 2 do....Not a v160 or V161 swap

Search the site and i'm sure your find everything needed in the swap..but again not worth it unless your F/i
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wino_II said:
SRT Stage 2.5 Turbo
V161 Six Speed Swap
0 miles - Has not been installed yet
~$5k, give or take.
SRT installed
Thanks Wino..be sure to give us some feedback when you get it installed! :p

BUMP! - come on guys, I know you're just dying to organize swap info into 1 thread! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,351 Posts
Turbo: SRT Stage 2
Tranny: R154 Swap
Miles Driven: Don't know how many miles because I don't have the speedo/milage working.
How Long: I've had this swap for 2.5 days.
Total Cost: This might be around 3-4k (still have not sat down and added it up).
Who Did It: SRT did my swap.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,524 Posts
WhiteLex said:
Its not worth going Auto to Manual Unless if your F/i..Only 1 person on this site has done auto to Stock Manualand it was a bitch 2 do....Not a v160 or V161 swap
i
2 people on this site have done that swap..... :wink:

DerekB did the w55 swap and Ltuned&Boosted to v160, they went from Auto to Manual....'

crazy bastards.....

:crazy: :chill:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
tsopranoMB said:
WhiteLex said:
Its not worth going Auto to Manual Unless if your F/i..Only 1 person on this site has done auto to Stock Manualand it was a bitch 2 do....Not a v160 or V161 swap
i
2 people on this site have done that swap..... :wink:

DerekB did the w55 swap and Ltuned&Boosted to v160, they went from Auto to Manual....'

crazy bastards.....

:crazy: :chill:
Damn so close to 5grand for the swap huh? thats like a turbo kit!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
goldznnz said:
i thought the w58 is from the mkiii supras?

but never the less, this is gonna be a great post for tranny info :D
I sure thought so...

w58 guys where are you?! :D
v160 guys?! :D

Come on now, us w55 guys wanna know!!
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top