Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Commander In Beef
25,546 Posts
Actually, the NASDAQ supposedly broke through a "resistance level" of 1423 for the first time since I don't know when. Many people think that surpassing that level would be a healthy sign that it has some good potential to move higher up. I wouldn't be surprised if the markets drop like a rock tomorrow though, only because of profit-taking. I like what I see though...DOW was up as a whole about 9% for Oct, a key turn-around month.

I'd like to think we've hit the bottom.
Keep in mind, I always see the glass as being half-FULL :wink:

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Could be. As of today, I'm actually back in black for the year. Well, not my IRA but my stocks at least.
I'm not so sure that we have bottomed out yet. And even if we have bottomed I don't predict steady growth. I think we will see many more small ups and downs before we get out of the mud.

·
Commander In Beef
25,546 Posts
Oh, Ruiner, a general comment....
If you have money to invest in stock, there has never really been a better time to invest than now. What we're going through, IMO, is a very unique occurance. So many stocks are so undervalued. I bought GE last summer at around $44 thinking that was dirt cheap...same with Lucent Tech @ $6something, now it's $1.24 or something ridiculous :eek: This bear market is creating the next generation of millionaires right before our eyes.

:eek: BOOYAH

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Al Qaeda is looming in the shadows.... market just waiting to fall again.

Dirty CEO's are looming in the shadows .... market just waiting to fall again.

·
8,107 Posts
I don't buy the current rally at all - all the news is bad - every day tech stocks get downgraded to sell and then go up 10% that day (Applied Materials etc). There is a war coming up. And most of all, we never had a capitulation. They're telling us one of the biggest downturns in history will end without capitulation? People have been saying stocks are cheap for the last 2 years, nothing has changed. This rally will end and we will test October's lows.
The Nasdaq 1423 level was the summer rally high - breaking through that means we'll likely continue up. We did the same thing last winter - everyone said the same thing last fall as they are saying now.

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
BigDaddyRich said:
Al Qaeda is looming in the shadows.... market just waiting to fall again.
Nigga got a point. Al-Qaeda's fixin' to F*CK US UP. :shame:

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
market is overvalued fundamentally, simple as that. don't believe the hype that these asswipes who created bubble in first place are spewing. bear markets do not end with 35% rises in 4 weeks. if you are in the market, i recommend you get out now, because i fear we are now headed for a very steep decline.

·
8,107 Posts
Agreed. Bear markets end in bloody capitulation, not when everyone says it's time to buy.
My company is the 2nd largest semiconductor equipment maker, and let me tell you, business is NOT improving.

antonio said:
market is overvalued fundamentally, simple as that. don't believe the hype that these asswipes who created bubble in first place are spewing. bear markets do not end with 35% rises in 4 weeks. if you are in the market, i recommend you get out now, because i fear we are now headed for a very steep decline.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
7 Participants
ckolsen
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing