Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First choice is Greddy S coils
Second would be Tein CS

Reason it is narrowed to these 2 is because I don't need to have super crazy handling. I need to have a smooth ride. I have came up with these 2 choices from the info I read on these forums. What I need you guys to do, is lean more towards one or the other. I haven't heard anything bad bought the greddys, supposedly some of the Teins are noisy?

I am going with coilovers because I would like some adjustability, my car is a bit too low with the sportlines, and the rear sits a tad lower than the front. I want the rear to sit a little higher than the front.

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
i love my tein CS's...

and the EDFC is a real plus too:approve:

·
Registered
886 Posts
My Tein's are fantastic. I've yet to hear any kind of suspension noise.

Come on, we're both boosted, both DWP.. What more do ya need? :approve:

If I were to ever change anything about them, i'd get some slightly stiffer spring rates for the front.. Maybe 500lb/in units instead of the 450's. That's just me though.

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
My Tein's are fantastic. I've yet to hear any kind of suspension noise.

Come on, we're both boosted, both DWP.. What more do ya need? :approve:

If I were to ever change anything about them, i'd get some slightly stiffer spring rates for the front.. Maybe 500lb/in units instead of the 450's. That's just me though.
i agree, i think i could stand to go a little stiffer at times... (no ****)

...but then there's times i just enjoy the comfortable ride too much... definitely more than happy with them though:approve:

·
Premium Member
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^Well whats your feedback with them? Why do you like them? Are they slightly stiffer than factory or about factory or what? I really need to know. I mean smooth is what I am looking for, if it factory smooth than awesome, if its smoother than factory thats telling me its too soft. So I am hoping the tein CS are no softer than factory feel, the IS300 is pretty stiff with stock suspension, thats what I need.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts