Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to work in a good mood and came out pissed off. My friend told me my car was a freekin Luxury Civic. I guess he was trying to hurt my feelings while some people were telling me nice car and good luck. At first I didn't let it bother me until he jump into a convo, me and some others were having (one happen to be a TRD rep). He said the IS is slow, all hype and a waste of money! And dont get ya feeling hurt when a civic runs ya azz! Jealousy is a mutha... After work he's waiting for me next to my car and I park football fields from everyone else. At this point I was so heated, that I got in and turned off the TRAC and turned on the PWR switch, let him smell brand new leather, turned up my radio, smiled and fish tailed off. I hate HATERS. Dont get mad at me because you can't save a dollar. Too much child support maybe!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Originally posted by Sweetzzzz:
I went to work in a good mood and came out pissed off. My friend told me my car was a freekin Luxury Civic. I guess he was trying to hurt my feelings while some people were telling me nice car and good luck. At first I didn't let it bother me until he jump into a convo, me and some others were having (one happen to be a TRD rep). He said the IS is slow, all hype and a waste of money! And dont get ya feeling hurt when a civic runs ya azz! Jealousy is a mutha... After work he's waiting for me next to my car and I park football fields from everyone else. At this point I was so heated, that I got in and turned off the TRAC and turned on the PWR switch, let him smell brand new leather, turned up my radio, smiled and fish tailed off. I hate HATERS. Dont get mad at me because you can't save a dollar. Too much child support maybe!!!
For me, the major factor in deciding on buying the car is because I like it. It is nice when other people like it but it was not a major factor. I don't really care how other people feel about my car cause I did not buy it to please them but to please my preferences.

If they tell you that it is slow, you can tell them, 'Yeah, your right but even if I bought a Ferrari/Porsche or whatever fastest
car you think of, how often am I realistically going to be driving that fast anyway without risking getting into an accident and maybe hurting someone else in the process? Second, you can certainly spend a lot of money on just about anything including cars but like everything else, its only a matter of time before they breakdown, get dinged or worst yet, replaced with a better model'. The only thing constant in life is 'Change'.

You should not take other peoples comments personally or even act upon it cause you are just going down to their level.

There are reasons why there are so many car manufacturers with all kinds of models available. It is to satisfy everyone's preference.

If they like Bimmers, Benz or Acura, then I say, 'Good for you! I hope that you enjoy your car cause I do like mine very a lot.'

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
well what do you expect. that's waht the car looks like....you have radical styling that's nto as conservative as most luxury cars.....if your'e giong to buy the car be ready to accept the territory that comes with it

·
Registered
654 Posts
My response would be an all encompassing and emphatically ennui "So?" Almost everybody loves how this car is styled, and most people don't have one, so it is natural to attack it at it's *present*(but not permanent) weak point. There will always be a faster car, but just think how often a Porche 911 Turbo or Ferrari F1 Modena will use all of it's 400+ horses. What matters most is that you love your car for what it is (good looking, smooth ride) not what it isn't (rice rocket drag racer.)

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
People who said THEY think your car looks like a Civic, or that your car is slow......They're just plain jealous and insecure!! Just remember this: You bought what YOU really wanted in the first place, correct?? Unless you're one of those who acts on peer pressure, then I rest my case.

Again, personal opinions are fine until they start attacking. When that happens, it just tells you that they're very insecure....that's why they try to cover up by attacking first......

By showing them you dislike it, you've actually satisfied what they're hoping to accomplish......

And as far as styling is concerned, just ignore what people tell ya.....they're just too biased on certain types of cars....and nothing else is better. there's absolutely no distinct 'territories' as to what car you choose will determine what type of person you are...... Just try to be as objective as possible.....then you're cool.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
Watcher
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing