Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only asking because I ordered a SBM with black leather interior and the dealership said its going to be hard to find. Hard to find? Why don't they just order a new one? They say production stopped on 2001's because the 2002's are 2-3 months away. I don't believe that, why would they just stop production so early? They offered me the aluminum interior for free if I took one of the cars they had in stock. All they had were Silver, Black, Graphite and Green and White.
I don't want any of those. I WANT SPECTRA BLUE MICA.
They say they may be able to find one with the tan interior, but I don't want that either.

·
11,062 Posts
Lay down the law. Tell the jerks to get on the phone or web and find one or you'll do it yourself. If they won't, start calling dealerships. There HAS to be one out there. I suspect the local guy just wants to move what's on his lot. If you find one, ask your dealer to get it for you and tell him that since you had to do the leg work, it'll come off his profit. Otherwise, make your own deal. You may have to fly one way to get it, but if you REALLY want it and your dealer won't help...

·
Registered
125 Posts
When I ordered mine back in July they told me the same thing. I guess blue w/ black is a rare combination. They tried to sell me a blue/ivory and I opted to wait a month and get what I wanted. I would try carsdirect.com and see if they can come up with one.

·
Registered
16,944 Posts
i see blue / black all the time, not fully loaded

·
Registered
103 Posts
I got the same crap here in NY. There were no Blue/black to be found anywhere. All of them told me it was a rare combination. It was believable because I never saw blue/black on a lot in the tr-state area for months.I was about to give in and get another color. Finally after calling around, I got a Fully loaded SBM/Black. Worth the wait..Since I will be paying for this for 5 years. GET WHAT YOU WANT!! DON"T GIVE UP.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I tried to get a silver IS a few weeks back and my dealer said they'd order me one but it would take up to 6 weeks...I think they can take dibs on the cars coming off the boats if they seriously pursue it...I 'settled' for GGP but I love it too...they are out there, your dealer just needs to look...good luck

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
Same with my dealer, got my fully loaded SBM/BLK last Saturday. I was very lucky to get it as I guess some people were coming up friday Oregon and were willing to pay sticker for it, but they couldn't get it due to me already putting money down to hold it.

HOLD OFF AND TRY TO FIND ONE!! This combo is the nicest looking in my opinion and it took me nearly 2 months of waiting until a dealership finally got one in and called to tell me.

The SBM/BLK were a limited production color combo. I'm so happy with it.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
But my questions is: Have they stopped production?

If they have I can understand but if they haven't then I don't see why they can't just order me a new SBM with Black leather interior.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok they found me two SMB's. One is here in Ontario but it has the tan leather interior. The other is in B.C. It has the Black leather interior I want. Problem now is that they are saying it will cost me an extra $900 Cdn to get that one because they will have to ship it here from B.C.

Is that right? Should I be paying for their shipping?

·
Registered
7 Posts
No, you should not pay the freight. That's why they charge you the freight cost! I live just west of Pickering and got the same story from the several dealers I visited...SBM with black interior is rare blah blah blah. I'm waitin for the '02 model instead. If I have to fight with the sales reps, they're not gonna get my business.

·
Registered
325 Posts
u got ICQ??
maybe I can hook you up with the guy I talked to in Don Valley
when r u going in next week?
i am picking up my car on Wed...so before that?

james

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hey james

what colour did you end up getting?

wing zero...

tell them you'll walk if they don't get your car for you from BC. it always works. i spent 3 months talking my dealership down to my price. at first they wouldn't budge giving me some bs about how it costs them $$ to use the 6.9% lease/finance rate. 2 months later, i got the car i wanted (SBM with tan...i chose the exterior colour..fiancee wanted the tan interior) for the price i wanted ($42,500 + freight/PDI to a total of $44,000 for a 'C' package car). i'll bet you any money they'll come crawling back to you with their panties down if you tell them you're going to walk.

good luck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
10 Participants
4NROOTS
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing