Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

I drew this before I do this mod...

It might be helpful for those of you out there who want to do this...maybe ,maybe not...

Has anyone tried this way?

what are the side effects?

what happens when you switch to normal mode?

does the Nav put you back on the correct position on the map?

I am going to be doing this mod tomorrow...

and post some pics if someone wants it...

anybody wants to do this mod together?

I am in FL near orlando

PS : somebody should come up with an extended custom wiring harness so that we don't need to cut the OEM harnesses. =)

·
Registered
109 Posts
interesting chb , please let us know how it went ... I've been holding off on doing this for sometime, but may take the plunge if you get some success.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Quick Question on cutting the wires

How come you guys don't just us a molex pin extractor and extract the pin from the connector?

RoyD

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have don a nav mp3 dvd hack with the rear camera hack for a ps2 and a laptop i mean its great you don't need to switch back in to normal mode ....and no there aren't any side effects lol the car wont have any a Flo or anythin

·
Registered
12 Posts
chb your link to the file doesn't seem to be working, at least it is not for me. I like zduchene's file though and it would seem reasonable that it would work to me. Please keep us posted as I would like to see what you ended up doing and how it worked out. I will be doing my nav hack in the next week or so once I receive my vais unit.

Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts