Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
4,149 Posts
honestly what can they do different? i think those are fine.. there are some members that have claimed that they work just as well as the ones you pay 200 bucks for.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
read the fine print guys

"Professional Installation Recommanded."

same goes with body kits

vis bodykits, some of there kits say "Professional Installation Recommanded." those are the ones that dont fit good.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I've been wondering the same thing about the ebay braces. I scrolled through old post figuring there would be some posts. Anyone here actually have them that can comment? I would think as long as they are not soft aluminum it should work. Alignment and fit though may be another story. I wouldn't be surprised if they took one from a major brand and just copied it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
the guy with the chassis build has them, seems like you need to redrill the holes because they dont line up right. i've also been thinking about them... let me know how they go.

·
Registered
77 Posts
i just installed a set of front and rear on a friends car. they look not bad pretty good if i had to say. rear 2 holes dont line uo easy fit. front fits well.
if i was to buy underbracing again i would do the samething. JIC in the rear. (use the stock plastics to cover)(( ebay ones dont the the holes to use them)) and ebay the front . i really cant feel any diffence to the front. tried at a test and tune this passed weekend. with and without (stock piece) and really nothing big. but the rear i really like.

·
Registered
123 Posts
get the real item. Guaranteed to fit right first time, every time. Make sure you mark where the bolts are torqued up to with some liquid paper on the bolt, and then another mark in the same place on the chassis to make sure they are torqued to factory specifications. Over torqued bolts can do damage, and so can crappy, knock-off chassis braces

1 - 11 of 11 Posts