Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a press release that OEM roof racks are available for the 4 door but haven't seen one for the SportCross. Has anyone seen them, where and who can I call/email/IM/whatever to buy a set?

I've got Thule's and they are eating my front door weather stripping

:grin:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hi lafingguy:
According to Japanese Altezza Gita(IS300 sportcross in JP)'s catalogue. In JP they have colou coded roof rails(north-south) available as an option feature. I think u can then attach any roof racks(esat-west) to the rails.

SL

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hi Bill:
I have no bloody idea where u can get those roof rails. but I think u can buy them from "Toyota Netz" dealers (the toyota dealership which sells Altezza in JP) if u have a connection in JAPAN. The roof rails come as a "dealer option" rather than a "maker option", so the rails are fitted at the dealership rather than in the factory.

I am not the best person to anwser this Q, maybe u want to ask Altezza from Altezza Owner's forum.

Cheers
SSML

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Since the last couple of posts here weren't part of the restore, I'll re-post. I've tried to get in contact with the above mentioned store/url at yahoo to purchase a set of the rails with no success.

Not quite so happy....

:grin::D

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Finally got hold of the lexusparts folks from above and have ordered a set of the racks. Am currently waiting for them to get a full container load to brin to America. They mentioned something about hearing that the racks caused leakage.... I guess I'll be beta testing....
:grin::D

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, I the racks arrived and I'll be attempting an install this weekend.
I'll post the results and pics.

:D

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'll be interested to see how this goes, as I might be interested in something like that. Don't like the ones that tear up the weather stripping.
Looks like I'm not too far from you (I'm in Willow Glen area of San Jose) so maybe I'll see another SportCross on the road. So far haven't seen any in the Bay Area - seen a few (maybe three) in the LA area when I've been down there.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Survey says!!
Hella easy!
The racks come with nice instructions (in Japanese), that have enough picture detail to make sense. The scariest part is cutting the rubber strip that runs in the drip molding. I checked before I started and new rubbers are available from the dealer ship for $160 per side.

Installation time for the first side was about 1 hour. I was being very paranoid. Second one was 30 minutes.

After installing the rails, I went to the SportsRack and picked up the 'Lowrider' adaptors to mount my Yakima cross bars on the rails.

Loaded up the surfboard this AM, and went to play in the ankle snappers..

Lexus should offer these things here!

:D

·
Registered
555 Posts
update?

How is the rail setup going? Do hear any wind/air noise at speeds without anything attached to the rails?

It would be cool to see some pictures with and without your board (and cross bars).

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey all,
I've had the racks on for a while now, I don't notice any noise from the rails but I do notice some when I put the cross bars on (I'm using yakima hardware). Sorry Rob, the cars blue, board is white, but the board bag is silver does that help?

I gotta wash the toy before I take any pics - or maybe not, I could just go for the 'real world' affect.

:D :D :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts