Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well the other day i was gna wash my car and then i saw this :[

it seems like the mesh part is starting to peel back....contacted my dealer last friday...but couldn't make it. suppose to go tomorrow if i can find some free time. im jst curious if anyone else has/had this issue. sure hope they'll take care of it.

heres come pics of the car. finally stopped raining here.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Looks sweet, Y, -- is that Mercury Silver? I have one on order now and can't wait ........

I don't like the looks of that mesh......I hope they fix that up ..:suspiciou

What wheels are those btw.

C.

·
Registered
302 Posts
both sides have identical peel, maybe it's supposed to be this way?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yup mercury silver. i really wanted a white one, but the dealer told me it would 3 to 4 months for their next f. and they couldn't say for sure it'll be white.. =/ kinda sucks but i'm still happy

and i wasn't too sure if its suppose to be this way. thats why i wanted to see if anyone else's was like this too.

the wheels are jst the stocks from my 07 vette :]

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
I don't see anything "peeling"

Is it possible that’s where the mounting tabs are???

You can also search for more pics of recent buyers...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yup, my dealer didn't have much to say about it. He said if i really didn't like it that he'll try to replace it for me. I told him it was okay for now, cause it ani't that bad.

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
Yup, my dealer didn't have much to say about it. He said if i really didn't like it that he'll try to replace it for me. I told him it was okay for now, cause it ani't that bad.
Can't really replace anything, if the part is made that way.... :p

·
Registered
32 Posts
They do look like retaining clips for the mesh. I guess if you are using it as a show car, it could probably be finished better.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
i just checked out a new one in the showroom. that is normal

JDM version

Reactions: yellow_is300

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks chado & everyone else i really didnt know if this was normal or not. dealer didn't have much to say. He jst kept inisisting that if i wanted it replaced he'll try his best, but i didn't really want to bother cause he sent my mama a box of chocolate. LOLs and she loved it.

+ rep to everyone possible

1 - 17 of 17 Posts