Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
i had a Cluctmaster stage 2 clutch on my Civic Si, pretty good product in my opinion..by the way, this should be in go fast forum

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have a CM in my Celica right now. I am VERY satisified with the clutch, the only drawback was the high price. But then you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
cobramac said:
why u say that
You gonna beleive that idiot? if you not gonna race the car get any Stage 1 or 2 street/strip disc. it should bea little stronger than stock and not engage as harsh.

Good Luck. generally, Dont pay more than $300 otherwise you went to xtreme.

·
Registered
79 Posts
BigDaddyRich said:
cobramac said:
why u say that
You gonna beleive that idiot? if you not gonna race the car get any Stage 1 or 2 street/strip disc. it should bea little stronger than stock and not engage as harsh.

Good Luck. generally, Dont pay more than $300 otherwise you went to xtreme.
The problem is that stage 2 for one company might be another companies stage 5. Kind of hard to judge a clutch by it's "stage".

I know for a fact that the CM line:

Stage 1 = stock replacement PP and organic disc basically
Stage 2 = little bit higher clamping force pressure plate with the same organic disc as stage 1
Stage 3 = CARBON/KEVLAR disc (very important) with a higher clamping force pressure plate than stage 2

Anything above S3 and you've got some serious power... But the reason I emphasized the carbon/kevlar disc is that it doesn't glaze over like an organic disc, glazing of a clutch disc will cause it to slip and will require a new disc to be put in place. If you do any serious racing a stage 3 is a must, as that is what I run.

But if you are afriad of the "grabbyness" of a clutch...a good cure for that is polyurethane motor mounts. The grabbyness is felt from the motor rocking and polyurethane motor mounts will reduce this a lot.

I'd suggest looking for a low clamping PP (so you won't have a too grabby of a clutch for the stock engine mounts) and carbon/kevlar disc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.