Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm here in Wisconsin and it's super cold out. I don't know if it's the cold but one of my light bulb is dis-color (when i first turn on the headlights it's white than turns into a very lightpink). I don't know if it's the bulb itself or the ballast that's bad?
I have 12000k HIDs in my civic and they don't get as bright as they do in the summer.

Any of you guys have this problem?

·
Registered
131 Posts
yupp the bulb is dying. Just replace both bulbs and keep the good one you have as a backup in case one of them dies early

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
he's got 12000K in his Civic (figures, right?) and im guessin stock in the IS
Yeap 12000k in the civic and oem in the IS.

Well ok now driving for like 10-15 mins the light bulb goes out but it still lights up just a little bit when turning on and of the lights.

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
:lol:

i'm guessing it won't be doing that for too much longer...

time for a new pair

·
Registered
15,872 Posts
just go ahead and get some, this set may last another month or it could go out tomorrow, your better off ordering now while its still struggling but working than it going out, getting a ticket, then ordering some new ones

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just go ahead and get some, this set may last another month or it could go out tomorrow, your better off ordering now while its still struggling but working than it going out, getting a ticket, then ordering some new ones
So do you guys think its the bulb itself or the ballast that needs to be replace?

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
we've said many times...

THE BULB!!!!!

buy a new PAIR, not just one:approve:

·
Registered
15,872 Posts
we've said many times...

THE BULB!!!!!

buy a new PAIR, not just one:approve:
x 5 kabillion

if the balast wasnt working the light wouldnt fire up at all. get some new bulbs, replace them (have fun with that) and be done

DONT do 12000K...Ive got 8000K in my heads and fogs, love the way it looks, but thats the highest Id go

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the info guys.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Bulb

What about disconnecting the driving day lights? Where is the connector? Mine are discolored as well (and I'm in the tropics)and I was thinking on replacing both. However, a friend of mine suggested to just disconnect them.

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
What about disconnecting the driving day lights? Where is the connector? Mine are discolored as well (and I'm in the tropics)and I was thinking on replacing both. However, a friend of mine suggested to just disconnect them.
stop threadjacking and search. if you took all of 10 seconds you could find out how to disconnect the daytime running lights, and still be able to use your highbeams:approve:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts