Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about getting an IS300 howver the idea of owning a car with Altezza taillamps (yes even an IS300 and no it's still not ok) bothers the heck out of me. My buddy Dave from N.Y. (yellow IS3000 turbo) told me they are available. Does anyone have a pic? I don't mean different altezzas or carbon altezzas I mean NON-altezza lights perhaps something that looks like a C-Class taillamp.

Thanks guys great site.

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
yes, there are JDM WHITE and RED tail lights....costs mucho dinero....I know Fizz in bayside can get them....

but dude, ALTEZZA=IS 300, the tail lights make the car bro.... 8)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I know the Altezza is the IS300 but I'm sorry to say the taillights destroy the car into a ricemobile and would be adealbreaker for me when getting the car at the dealer unless the dealer made up the cost in replacing the lamps with regualr ones. I feel that strongly about it. I love the car in every other aspect though so it sucks for me.

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
DannyITR said:
Yes I know the Altezza is the IS300 but I'm sorry to say the taillights destroy the car into a ricemobile and would be adealbreaker for me when getting the car at the dealer unless the dealer made up the cost in replacing the lamps with regualr ones. I feel that strongly about it. I love the car in every other aspect though so it sucks for me.
but the lights are as JDM as you can get bro....makes those RICERS wish they had an IS300, thats how we all look at it as IS300 owners...

they make tail light covers....

·
Registered
885 Posts
A deal breaker? You are making a mountain out of a mole hill!

Get some tail light covers or something. I mean, even the new Land Rovers have clear tails now stock.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
DannyITR said:
is300sam2002 said:
Don't even think about buying an IS then.
Why? lol
Sorry man, but "Altezza's" were coined by honda civic drivers who found the need to mimick our car. if u got beef with the tail lights being riced to death .... take it up on Honda-Tech. ask them why they insist on having the IS300 looking lights on their civic and having body shops mold OEM IS300 lights into the accord quarter panels? :-?

I personally like Civic Si (clear/red) stock tail lights i dunno what the fascination is with the spooky "Altezzzzzzaaaaaa lights" ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't like the covers either. In fact it's worse. I admit that mabye it wouldn't be a dealbreaker per se, but i'd definitly tell the salesguy he won't get a sale unless he can do something about the tails and see what happens. I work in the aftermarket industry and I've just seen so many ricers that my palate has been ruined. I actualyl used to like altezzas and I even argued in favour of them back in the day but not now.

If anyone has a pick I'd love to see them. Thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
DannyITR said:
I don't like the covers either. In fact it's worse. I admit that mabye it wouldn't be a dealbreaker per se, but i'd definitly tell the salesguy he won't get a sale unless he can do something about the tails and see what happens. I work in the aftermarket industry and I've just seen so many ricers that my palate has been ruined. I actualyl used to like altezzas and I even argued in favour of them back in the day but not now.

If anyone has a pick I'd love to see them. Thanks for the replies!
you would have absolutely NO luck telling the salesperson that, they will tell you to go by a G35 then.... :lol:

I'm not a fan of the LIGHT colored Altezza's, I got the darker ones....so at least mine dont look like a 17 yr old Ricer's accord...

·
Registered
885 Posts
What about the modellista red tails? Or the imitation ones?
If you work in the aftermarket industry then just open up the tails and spray paint the plastic red.
Anyone got the pics? Too lazy to search

·
Registered
270 Posts
Cleo said:
just blame it on the Honda ricers...it's only rice because those dumbass Hondas played it out...
Don't just blame the Honda ricers- blame the Toyota ricers, the BMW ricers, the Lexus ricers, the Chevy 'dirty' ricers, the Ford 'dirty' ricers, the Hyundai ricers, the Saturn ricers, the Mercury ricers, the Eagle ricers, etc. OR just blame APC :roll:

·
Banned
4,334 Posts
Just go get the lense (the clear part, not the chrome part(the damn clear shell that covers everything) sprayed like a candy red on the inside. Problem solved. Ive seen it done by a .NET member, but dont know who. And the dealer will flip you off if you try to be like that. Im sure I would. :pissed:

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
DannyITR said:
Thats the stupidest thing I've heard.
Hmm.. I want a Mercedes but I don't like the emblem. Hmm, Rolex is such a nice watch but if only if it wasn't so popular?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
ur not gonna have any luck telling a dealer to swap the altezza tails for red ones....
they would just tell u to get a GS300 or something (same engine, diff look)

these altezza's ARE regular...

the only way to get rid of the altezza's is to spend more money...

1 - 20 of 55 Posts