Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

I just got my car a few weeks ago and loving it. Still trying to get a feel for it before I terrorize the roads :lol:

This past weekend I took part in the Mazda Rev-it up event at Gillette staduim and had fun doing it. It was the first time I have ever raced around cones. You only get 2 cracks at the timed race course, but I improved on my second time, so I felt I accomplished something.

This got me thinking that the IS would be a pretty decent car to use for autoX. Its RWD and 2nd gear is geared pretty low (since you probably don't go too much faster than 55mph-sih).

I've been to the SCCA website and read all the rules n stuff. It sounds pretty easy, just sign up and show up, with a helmet ofcourse :)

So I am wondering if anyone around here has autoX'ed their IS.
I know I probably suck already, little hondas will be running circles around me, but its all in good fun.

I would feel totally lost showing up to an event by myself not knowing anything, so if anyone has any info or experiences, that would rock!

Thanks!
-Ash

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
The IS is great for autoX, I've done Solo II events with SCCA Solo II last year and it's a lot of fun. Too bad you're not in my region. Check your local region. They are all nice peeps. Have fun.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts