Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
I haven't heard of anyone that got these headlights yet, they just popped up very recently.

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
the ex civic owners will have them in no time.

D

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
either someone has bought them thinking they were cool but saw most of us think it looks rice and probly is embarass to post up pics of their new addition.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
you should ask the accord's civic's and integra's with the IS300 front end conversion, i'm sure they have them by now
im sure they think those lights are cool, but honestly, there a no go
i rather go headlights less than buy those, haha

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Not this again theres a few threads on this already. If they are like the HONDA headlights which they look like they are the projectors are horrible and the halos probably will go out if they get wet or prolly wont light up at all if its to cold. My friend who bought those headlights but for his Jetta sucked horribly. But seriously if you can afford a lexus than why not get the real deal with ACC.

·
Registered
8,898 Posts
If so, i have a few general questions

1) Do they light up during the day?
2) How long do the halo's last?
3) Are the headlights easy to self-install on a 01' is

Heres the link, i know, ebay is gay, but these look pretty cool nevertheless

eBay Motors: LEXUS IS300 CCFL HALO PROJECTOR HEAD LIGHTS JDM BLACK (item 150215399448 end time Feb-17-08 06:54:38 PST)

Thanks guys!
it's your car, so mod as you will, not as what others tell you to do. :approve:

to answer you questions:

1) if the Halos are really CCFL, they should be visible during the day
2) can't really give specific answer on this, i guess it will depend on how often you use them and the quality of where they came from.
3) if you have some mechanical skills, it will be easy to install the headlights.

one thing to remember though, looking at those lights; I'm going to make an asumption that you will lose your auto-leveling feature from the OEM lights. there is a slot for the motor to go into, but it doesn't look like the mechanics of the rest of it is inside the headlight.

·
Blue Devil
4,671 Posts
not gunna lie, they definitely caught my eye when i first came across them on ebay yesterday. they seem to be getting the same negativev response from most of the people here that the DEPO LED taillights did when those first came out.
i would guess that, just like with the DEPOS that only came out in chrome at first and then in black a few months later, that these will come out in chrome later on. maybe then ill consider getting a pair (since i dont like black housing on an SBM, and my rims and tails are chrome so dont wanna go against the theme i guess) and maybe by then we would have had some of you try them out and give us reviews on the quality of the projectors and halos ;-)

Reactions: kraze8

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Haha $400 bucks isnt cheap. You could get halos installed on your stock heads for cheaper than that. And have them painted. Oh well, let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
8,898 Posts
wtf.. someone -repped this guy because he's being daring and going to try something different than the rest of the community??

it's his money, his car... let him mod how he likes it. Post up you opinions, but damn.. he didn't deserve -rep for liking something out of the ordinary. sheesh.

·
Premium Member
3,752 Posts
Haha $400 bucks isnt cheap. You could get halos installed on your stock heads for cheaper than that. And have them painted. Oh well, let us know how it goes.
Its the projectors that cost the $$$. I'de like to see how the projectors look/brightness of them.

·
Banned
3,243 Posts
Riceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee & Beannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnns

·
Registered
609 Posts
Danger Will Robinson! Danger, Danger!

Seriously, I'm waiting for arms to start flailing wildly...

Do the halos blink like they do in the picture? :lol:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts