Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the TE VB upgrade and went out for a test drive tonight. The car shifts a lot faster now and there is absolutely no lag. However, going from 3rd to 4th (I think), the car shifts really hard, trac blinks (I can hear my tires squeak) and I can feel a harsh push while it’s shifting with also a noticeable noise. Is it suppose to be like this?

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
did u get the car tuned yet?

VB upgrade is harsh and clunky sometimes.....

dude, you are the most paranoid person i've ever met...the TRAC was flashing because you chirped the tires and lost traction! thats turbo kicking in for ya! :p

·
Registered
8,734 Posts
TDLI said:
I have the TE VB upgrade and went out for a test drive tonight. The car shifts a lot faster now and there is absolutely no lag. However, going from 3rd to 4th (I think), the car shifts really hard, trac blinks (I can hear my tires squeak) and I can feel a harsh push while it’s shifting with also a noticeable noise. Is it suppose to be like this?
Is 3-4 MUCH more different than other gears? If it's a lot firmer you should take it back and have them adjust that shit lol.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no i didnt get it tuned yet. i might be doing that myself on the street with my laptop, so it depends.......

when you say adjust, exactly what can they adjust? and yes, it shifts pretty different but it only happens when i am driving hard. under regular driving, all gears shifts pretty smooth.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
re-read my edited post...I'm sure its fine!

why are you driving it hard when its not tuned? be careful dude...

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tsopranoMB said:
dude, you are the most paranoid person i've ever met...
marc, is that good or bad? :bigSmile:

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tsopranoMB said:
re-read my edited post...I'm sure its fine!

why are you driving it hard when its not tuned? be careful dude...
i am, thanks for the heads up. i am running de's basemap now and i will start from there.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
TDLI said:
marc, is that good or bad? :bigSmile:
you just need to relax and stop thinking something is wrong or bad...;)

I'm sure you should be alright then....just enjoy it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts