Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok tomorrow morning I will take my V1 to get it hardwired, when the shop is hardwiring it do they place the V1 unit on the sun visor and clip there or do they used suction cups and place it on the front of the windshield?

-Ringo

·
Registered
80 Posts
Depends on where you want it mounted. You tell them. A good shop should be able to accomodate your request. For me, I installed it myself. I used power from the cigarette lighter, and have it clipped to the visor. The remote audio and remote display are right under the TRC Button.

·
8,849 Posts
Here is mine.
I came up with the idea of hardwiring it to the mirror power. :D
On my 2001 IS, I had power cable running through A-Pillar, but since 2002+ ISs are equipped with curtain airbags, I did not want to run it next to it.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^ nice setup there. My damn suction cups won't stick to my windshield, it tends to come loose @ times....any problems to solve it bro?

-Ringo

·
8,849 Posts
^^^^
Thanks.

Clean your windshield. Windex does a nice job.
Suction cups also must be clean.

Mine have been holding up for 6+ years (obviously on a few different cars). :D

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well my local car audio shop finish hardwiring my V1 and I must say i'm very impressed with the setup they done. Tomorrow I will post pics of the setup. Thanks!

-Ringo

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have my valentine 1 on the back windshield and the concealed display beneath the radio.. when I get my new dash fabricated though, I'm going to have the concealed display flushed in below the radio

·
8,849 Posts
xerox said:
...I'm going to have the concealed display flushed in below the radio
I'm not sure if that is a good idea. I would recommend to placing the display somewhere where you can take a quick look at without taking your eyes off the road.

There are also some services available where you can have the concealed display built in into the mirror.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Wet the suction cups a little before you stick them on the glass. That will keep them on for a long time. The only time mine come loose is if I park in really hot sun for a long time.

·
Registered
238 Posts
vlad_a said:
xerox said:
...I'm going to have the concealed display flushed in below the radio
I'm not sure if that is a good idea. I would recommend to placing the display somewhere where you can take a quick look at without taking your eyes off the road.

There are also some services available where you can have the concealed display built in into the mirror.
The mirror is too expensive of an alternative for something like that for me. I wouldn't think it'll take your eyes off the road much, it's just like as if you were looking to see what track you were on or what station you're listening to, IMO.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts