Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it me or does it seem very hard to perfectly match the white color on the IS? I've looked at Chris' ltuned and the side skirts and rear valence dont seem too good on the color. Or maybe add-ons all have the feature of being a little off colored?

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
The guy at the body shop where I took my car to get repaired said that paint is hard to match between the metal and plastic parts. Even if you use the same batch of paint and spray it at the same time the color will come out slightly different. This is especially true on light colors, like the pearl whites. Look at even the factory paint jobs on white Acura's and Lexus and you can see there is a slight different shade between the plastic and metal parts.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
- my grill came out pretty good... but then again its a small piece to compare, so I dunno...
- here are some pics:

·
Registered
937 Posts
jyeh74 said:
any recommendations on palces to paint in So Cal that does good work on white?
Wetworks Garage
11762 Western Ave. #R
Stanton, CA 90680
(714) 890-5117
Ask for "Joe", the owner

Jim's Auto Body Shop
3703 Motor Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90034
(310) 559-2233

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Tell me about Crystal White being difficult to match... got my L-tuned lip spoiler painted twice, the first time it was too white, and the second one, it was a lil too pearl. :pissed:

Got it painted at the dealership bodyshop too. The body shop even told me that this colour has to be one of the most difficult colour to match.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
DHCrocks said:
holy smolys how much did you drop your car dut?
- not sure... guessing ABOUT 3 inches?

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I think it's pretty hard to match white color, look my spoiler, it's whiter than the car. :(

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Yea, it is hard to match, part of the reason my side skirts and valance look off is because of the angle, the pearl will change the look from different angles in the sun, the valance angles out wile the rest of the car; bumper and doors, is curving in, so the change in angle makes it stand out more, the front bumper was painted the same paint, and it is perfect. Also, the pics show more flaws than there are, they should be able to match it better and it will look better in person, just go to a quality shop, check out the paint before they are done and make sure it is to your wants.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Kev IS300 said:
I think it's pretty hard to match white color, look my spoiler, it's whiter than the car. :(
Hey Kev, don't even bother repainting it again, it will probably come out too pearl the second time. :crazy:

VVTIS, I totally agree with you on the fact that this colour is changing depending on the angle you look at it... again :crazy: :crazy: ... hehehe!! Well, it's still the nicest colour IMO!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
::nods:: when I had to get my back bumper replaced, the dealer said that the paint in the car was very difficult to match. when looking at the backside of my car, you can see a minor color difference with the main body of the car and back bumper. ah well...only noticeable from certain angles and the color tone isint off too bad

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
isn't it also the fact that the paint is brand new and the one on the car has seen some rain and normal wear? b/c i heard if your car is old, even though teh paint is identical, the paint on car gets worn down, so when u repaint somethin i.e. a bumper, its stand out adn doesnt match b/c the paint is BRAND NEW while teh rest of the cars paint is old. i might be wrong

·
Registered
683 Posts
jyeh74 said:
Is it me or does it seem very hard to perfectly match the white color on the IS? I've looked at Chris' ltuned and the side skirts and rear valence dont seem too good on the color. Or maybe add-ons all have the feature of being a little off colored?
it took 2 weeks for my body guy to match the paint for my kit. you just need to find a guy that knows what hes doin and wants to spend time on the car. a lot of places just try to get your car in and out and if the paint is close, then its fine, but you gotta find a paint guy that takes pride in his work. my paint matches PERFECT! 2 weeks and 1000 dollars, but i love it.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok, so far I have recommendations from "Autowerks body and paint" in El Monte and "Wetworks Garage" If any one has had side skirts and bumper add-ons (not fullbumper replacements) painted in white (So Cal) ,I'd like to know how it turned out..... thanks guys.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts