Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have not decided whether i want the graphite grey pearl, or the black onyx. i dont' know if i'll give the black onyx the attention that a black car needs. but it sure does look classy. please give me your input.

thanks

·
Registered
680 Posts
I might get flamed to hell for this, but I don't like the black IS. I love black, every car I have owned has been black, and when I looked at the black IS, it didn't stand out enough...it looked too much like a Civic or something, I couldn't put my finger on it.

So, to answer your question, if I had to choose between those colors, I would choose the gray.

Mine is white, in case you are wondering.

·
Registered
281 Posts
i like the graphite grey better...
black is too played out..
but personally i like the silver da best!!
i know its played out, but its classy, and has an edge to it...

late

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, i've always wanted a black car. but when i saw the IS in black, the clear lights made it look cheesy. and you're right, it's almost like there is no distinction between a civic and the IS from the outside besides the logo. but i think an onyx would look really cool with the body colored tail lights. but on the other hand, the graphite grey would look classy with out without the tail lights.

*i'm not putting onyx's down, just my opinion*

·
Registered
199 Posts
Wasnt big on the black that much till today..Saw a black/black with the chrome rims tinited windows and a wing and it looked HOT. It was the dealers demo car..

·
11,061 Posts
If it has to be one or the other, get the graphite. Always stylish and looks great even if it hasn't been polished this week. I have SBM, which I love...but yikes, I have to clean it all the time!!!!!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Go for the graphite. I think it's cool because my (repeat, "my") mind gets confused trying to figure out what color it is.

[This message has been edited by gebo (edited January 19, 2001).]

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I have owned 4 black cars before, but now
I "stepped up" to the Graphite Gray with my IS300.

If it were a BMW, the Graphite would cost more because it is metallic paint whereas the black does not have the "shiny flakes".

·
Registered
333 Posts
I waited 5 weeks to get the Silver, and I think I made a good choice. All of them are sharp, don't think you can make a bad decision.

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
GRAPHITE GRAPHITE GRAPHITE GRAPHITE GRAPHITE!!!!!!!!!! Please get graphite, everybody & their momma has black(dont get me wrong it looks dope). I wanted graphite but they didnt have any. So I settled for white. But white or graphite is the only color I would get. Plus it won't look dirty 30 minutes after you wash it like black does.

------------------
White Diamond IS300

·
Registered
204 Posts
Originally posted by EYE_S:
I might get flamed to hell for this, but I don't like the black IS. I love black, every car I have owned has been black, and when I looked at the black IS, it didn't stand out enough...it looked too much like a Civic or something, I couldn't put my finger on it.

So, to answer your question, if I had to choose between those colors, I would choose the gray.

Mine is white, in case you are wondering.
Agree man, for some reason, black doesn't look nice on IS. If not because of the fact that it takes some effort to keep it clean, I'd have got the gray. It looks even nicer w/ graphite rims.

·
8,880 Posts
I chose graphite-gray.

·
Registered
159 Posts
GRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Black does not bring otu the full potential of any car, and in my opinion its plain ugly on the IS. Gray is beautiful and rare.

------------------
1998 Mercedes Benz SLK230
2000 Ford Excursion Ltd. 4x4 Diesel (for the winter)

·
Registered
509 Posts
personally, i love SBM!! and as u can imagine.. i do have a SBM!! and luving it

so.. go for Spectra Blue Mica !!!!

------------------
01' Spectra Blue Mica
Fully loaded IS 300

[This message has been edited by [email protected] (edited January 20, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by [email protected] (edited January 20, 2001).]

·
Registered
88 Posts
Personally I dont like the Graphite Gray. If the paint is a pearl and you get a dent its going to cost a bundle to repair. I really like the Black onyx. Its really a clean and elegant color. But you dont have to listen to me or any body else get what you want.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I think two hottest colors on IS are SBM and Graphite Gray. I haven't decided which one I like better. Well, I have 'til April to decide.

------------------
K.P. :)

·
Registered
921 Posts
I liked the silver the best but I didn't want to wait 3 months so I opted for the Graphite.
I love it and get sooooo many compliments on it. People say it looks very classy. It is not as hard to take care of as black. And I have had two previous black cars. Never again.

Plus, although black looks spectacular for the 30 minutes after you wash it, it looks like a real fragile color in my mind. You see EVERY blemish and nick. Looks like you could break the car. Just my $0.02 worth.

------------------
2001 Graphite/Black, LSD, Heated Seats.
TTE rear spoiler and SRT Intake coming soon.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Shara I was in the same predicament that you are in and I saw the Spectra Blue Mica and I was sold on that color! It looks awesome at night with the metalic finish! The Blue compliments the tail light really well! If not Blue go with Graphite!

------------------
TC
Spectra/Blue
17" Lexus Chome
01 Nissan Pathfinder

·
Registered
23,901 Posts
I would get an SBM over both of them. Between the 2, I would pick up the Graphite.

SBMedly Yours,

Lex

------------------
2001 SBM/Black IS300 w/Navigation
2001 BMW Z3 3.0i Titanium Silver w/Black
1999 Ducati SS 750(worked)
1982 Captain America Big Wheel

1 - 20 of 24 Posts