Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2008 is250 and the handling is strange and feels dangerous. It reacts very strongly to changes in the slope of the road, to the point that it actually swings the car back and forth on a straight road, just due to it wanting to stay in the tire ruts of the road, so strongly.. like, it pulls itself into the rut, then over shoots, pulls back into the rut, overshoots again, etc... causing an oscillating back and forth swing

It has low-profile tires which I am not used to, but I find it hard to believe that anyone would feel safe in a car that handles like this, and low-profile tires are all over the place. I definitely feel the bumps of the road more than I would like and I know that has to do with the tires, but this handling thing seems different and its driving me crazy

I bought it at carmax and can return it if needed, but I like the car otherwise so I'd prefer to avoid that. Have any of you ever had these issues? What would you suggest I do?

·
Registered
9 Posts
As stated above replace the front suspension lower rear bushes.
I used 48075-24010 / 48076-24010 as they are firmer. (OEM from GSF/RCF LCA bushings)
Easy to do.
Also check if doing a wheel alignment that it has approx 2mm toe in on front.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Have the car checked for worn LCA bushings and and aligment, must be out of specs (maybye rear toe)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts