Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking to use an electronic feed to get a Crank Trigger signal to both the stock ecu as well as the E6x. The only place I know of offering such a device is SRT...but thats with their full E6x kit... I'm not at all familiar with the workings of this device but does it look like this product from Haltech could accomplish the same thing? Any input would be greatly appreciated:

The Haltech RA10 is a dual channel reluctor interface suitable for use in applications where magnetic relcutance type sensors must be rectified to a digital signal to be fed into ECU.

This particular version of the RA10 is recommended for applications with missing tooth or unevenly spaced pickup wheels (For example Bosch Motronic 60-2 crank triggers)

This unit is fully compatible with all Haltech E6A, E6S, E6H, E6M, E6K, E6X and E11 series ECU's. It is also compatible with many other brand ECU's.

This unit is not normally required with most Haltech applications however it can be usefull in piggyback application where sensors need to be shared between the Haltech ECU and the stock ECU without signal interference problems.

Haltech RA10 - Reluctor Adaptor

Info. is tough to find on this device!

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Impossible to even find a wiring diagram for this thing...I emailed HaltechSupport. Little to no info. from what I've uncovered - Any one have a clue? Thanks

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
You can get the signal modifier from Mo at SRT for the Haltech F10x also. I know Adamsheesy has it in his supercharged IS with a f10x.

Reactions: mikkellucci

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
It's product description sounds like it does what you want, but SRT is proven (and would come with a wiring diagram).

Only thing bad that I think I've read about the SRT box is its lag (processor lag I guess?) was an issue if your trying to take the car to stupid high revs (raised to an 8K rev limmit I think).

Can't remember, was a really old post. I think it was ISman's car.

Err, is it ok that I post mikkellucci? LOL. Good luck mang.

Reactions: mikkellucci

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's product description sounds like it does what you want, but SRT is proven (and would come with a wiring diagram).

Only thing bad that I think I've read about the SRT box is its lag (processor lag I guess?) was an issue if your trying to take the car to stupid high revs (raised to an 8K rev limmit I think).

Can't remember, was a really old post. I think it was ISman's car.

Err, is it ok that I post mikkellucci? LOL. Good luck mang.
Guys- Thanks for responding.
BlackSportD, I know you cant help yourself...coming down to a novice level after the MSII...I just still cant get over what you and Nate have going on with those!

Anyway, I dont have a good reason for pursuing this over Mo's signal condition...Just want to understand available options and solutions. Irregardless, I do want an electronic solution for crank trigger from the stock ecu to my E6x (vs slapping a trigger wheel in place).

Still looking for wiring diagram
Claudio, where are you!? ;)

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Just want to understand available options and solutions
Thats a great quality to have, and what makes us enthusiasts, over just doing this stuff because its "cool".

The wiring shouldn't be a mess. It should have a shielded wire for the crank trigger input from the car's OE VR sensor, 12v, ground and an output for the Haltech EMS. It might have a connection for a computer, so that settings can be changed or it might be just some jumpers (only setting I can think of to change is where in the voltage curve do you want the digital output to happen).

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I tend to REinvent the wheels at times...but learn a lot that way. ;)

Might as well slap an HKS or Greddy logo on this because its not Engrish to me. Scratches head at two wires and three dozen jumper settings. LOL
I'll have to read it after work!

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Holly Jumpers Batman haha. Well I guessed a few jumpers, turns out to be a bit more haha. Looks like it'll do the job though. How much is it? Sent you a pm.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its cheap...well local from a VW guy it is. I think its around $180.00AUD which is about $150US?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts