Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading the Haltech website I am still unsure if this software can run on Windows CE. It just makes reference to "Windows" I am thinkin if they can run this in a Windows CE environment, I could load stored maps via a PDA?

If Haltech's "windows" version is not CE compatible.... I am wondering if I can get the DOS version and run that at a command prompt thru Windows CE?

Im not too sure of the capabilities of PDA's these days. Im trying to figure out which Standalone to go with. Thanx.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
BigDaddyRich said:
After reading the Haltech website I am still unsure if this software can run on Windows CE. It just makes reference to "Windows" I am thinkin if they can run this in a Windows CE environment, I could load stored maps via a PDA?

If Haltech's "windows" version is not CE compatible.... I am wondering if I can get the DOS version and run that at a command prompt thru Windows CE?

Im not too sure of the capabilities of PDA's these days. Im trying to figure out which Standalone to go with. Thanx.
The one that I have the E6k comes w/ the DOS version. I believe that the new E-11 which is in all 3D, will work in a windows enviroment.

So if you can run DOS off of your palm, than that would be dope, if not I would wait another month when they release the E-11.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
so you are going back to forced induction now?

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
IS300GTE said:
so you are going back to forced induction now?
Oh do I wish, The block is being machined, port and polished and blueprinted, should be back at the shop this week and then the assembly begins. Hopefully Santa will be good to me.

me crossing my fingers

·
Mr. Negative
12,387 Posts
GTE was talking to Rich, I think.

We know you're going KooKoo for Turbo boost, Free. ;)

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
blueIS said:
i smell built 2jz engine... yum... :D
Actually, I smell hand built by yours truly ;)

According to Haltech website... the E11 was released 11-11-02. I'll give them a call tomorrow.

That would be nice to load fuel maps from a PDA instead of lugging around a laptop. Since Im good at computer junk, It would be sick to match up the Serial Pinouts and wire them up to some infra-red crap so i can beam the maps to the Haltech from my PDA :D stay tuned... BDR has been silent for quite a while.... great things are on the horizon.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
BigDaddyRich said:
blueIS said:
i smell built 2jz engine... yum... :D
Actually, I smell hand built by yours truly ;)

According to Haltech website... the E11 was released 11-11-02. I'll give them a call tomorrow.

That would be nice to load fuel maps from a PDA instead of lugging around a laptop. Since Im good at computer junk, It would be sick to match up the Serial Pinouts and wire them up to some infra-red crap so i can beam the maps to the Haltech from my PDA :D stay tuned... BDR has been silent for quite a while.... great things are on the horizon.

Let me know about your findings, I would just the same rather have a hand held than a labtop..

Also w/ the e-11 you can run 820cc injectors....

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
i thought i remembered you saying you weren't going to turbo the car anymore? change your mind?

BigDaddyRich said:

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Who said it was for an IS300? besides... I would like to learn how to really properly tune a Haltech with possibly with PDA support for my personal knowledge anyway.

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
yeah I thought you were building a diff race car.. not an IS.. good luck with your project and let us know how it goes..

I hear ya on the Tuning of the standalones.. I would also like to get more antiquated with the process make it easier for me when I am at the track..

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
have you tried asking on some of the forums that are for haltech specifically? i don't have any links, but there are people that have been using them for years that would probably know, and have done it if it is possible.

BigDaddyRich said:
Who said it was for an IS300? besides... I would like to learn how to really properly tune a Haltech with possibly with PDA support for my personal knowledge anyway.

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
IS300GTE said:
have you tried asking on some of the forums that are for haltech specifically? i don't have any links, but there are people that have been using them for years that would probably know, and have done it if it is possible.

BigDaddyRich said:
Actually my friend who is helping with the machining of the block has installed several Haltechs, SDS's, and Tec II&III's. He said they are all very simple. the tough part is dynotuning and being able to decipher readings to make adjustments. Im sure if I flip thru the manual I can dig up some info. Nothing like hands on experience. ;)

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
lol, if he said a tec2 was simple, he was exagerating. it sounds as if a honda aluminum block is receiving iron ductile sleeves. tuning is very tricky, i'd suggest a wideband to help.

-gte

BigDaddyRich said:
IS300GTE said:

BigDaddyRich said:
Actually my friend who is helping with the machining of the block has installed several Haltechs, SDS's, and Tec II&III's. He said they are all very simple. the tough part is dynotuning and being able to decipher readings to make adjustments. Im sure if I flip thru the manual I can dig up some info. Nothing like hands on experience. ;)

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Actually my friend who will be helping me tune this thing has been tuning for the past 8yrs. I guess when you familiar with Engine management it all seems "easy" Logically... they all are accomplishing the same goal, they just approaching it from a slightly different angle. (different syntax) My goal is to understand the concept and I can figure out the syntax from the manuals. Thats why I would like to learn to tune these gadgets myself. I hate having to call someone when Im in trouble... I rather fix things myself and learn the process.

As the saying goes.... give a man to fish he eats for a day... teacha man to fish he can sustain himself forever (hypothetically of course)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
6 Participants
BigDaddyRich
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing