Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:( I have had the AAC halo/demon eyez installed on my car for the past 4 months and they worked fine until today. I had finished doing an oil change when all of a sudden noticed the passenger side rings were not working when I cranked the car up to let the oil circulate. Thinking I might have a loose connection, I started checking my connections when I noticed sparks in the clips (connectors) that attach the converter to the head light. I quickly shut the car off but the sparks still continued; I had to snatch the wires off as the sparks were getting thicker and buring into the rest of the wire and working its way towards the other wires.

Has anyone experienced this kind of problem with this kit and if so did AAC replace your kit for you at a reasonable cost. I will definitely like to have my converter replaced but at the same time I wanted to put it out there for the community to know just incase there is some kind of safety concern to be addressed. I am not trying to bang on AAC's product it is actually a very good product and I hope the guys donw from LA will get to see this post. I tried sending them an e-mail through their website but for some unknown reason it did not go through. :( I am now driving around with one mean demon eyez.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
the sparks were right at the clips right? i heard the wires are too close at that spot, and its better to not use them. just solder the wires and keep them insulated from each other. the clips cause the wires to short at the connection point, especially in the wet. that's what mine did, but once you keep the wires separate (i used crimps), they will be fine.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I've had this happen numerous times, it is due to the connectors. Follow the suggestion above and find some other way to connect the wires, use better connectors, crimps, solder the wires together, etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts