Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, as some of you may know I bought a car right before I left for Tokyo. My father has been driving it around, and took it to the dealer to have some stuff done to it...
While at the dealer, Dallas had a major hail storm last week, and the Ltuned was outside. :(
As this is COMPLETELY out of my control, I'm actually not too mad...

On a positive note my father said Sewell Lexus in Dallas was very apologetic, and said it will look perfect when I get it back. They've got insurance, so they're taking care of it. GREAT JOB LEXUS! :D
(a few months ago we had a major hail storm and my bro' had $4K worth of hail damage repaired...and you couldn't even tell anyting happened, so I'm not too worried).

Just thought I'd share this - anyone have a similar experience?

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Happend to my first Lexus, I was going to trade in my 99 ES 300 for the 02 IS 300, I hadn't notice too much hail damage on the roof, but the dealer I went though is a family friend so he took it into account and got it fixed for me before I sold it back to the dealership, saving me about 3K dollars on the trade in :D You gotta love family friends man :D

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alredxiii said:
Happend to my first Lexus, I was going to trade in my 99 ES 300 for the 02 IS 300, I hadn't notice too much hail damage on the roof, but the dealer I went though is a family friend so he took it into account and got it fixed for me before I sold it back to the dealership, saving me about 3K dollars on the trade in :D You gotta love family friends man :D
lol, that's cool.
I guess I actually was a little lucky - at least I don't have to pay a deductible...

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
bk9 said:
alredxiii said:
lol, that's cool.
I guess I actually was a little lucky - at least I don't have to pay a deductible...
That's always good :D

·
11,061 Posts
My boss is driving his 1931 Buick convertible from Seattle out to Flint, MI for the 100th anniversary of Buick (should arrive tomorrow). He reported narrowly missing a hail storm in North Dakota that had 2 1/2 inch hailstones! He's one lucky guy.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
hail storm just today...they were pea sized so i didnt worry...winds were gusting at around 30 - 40 mph...(NJ) and the tree looked like it was about to break...garbage can(plastic/rubber) hit my car twice...left no dent...

so after the storm...i went outside and no damage at all...phew 8)
*knock on wood*

·
Registered
385 Posts
we had a hail storm here in overland park a few weeks ago, had $6,900 damage done to my IS. Insurance company said they wanna replace, hood, roof panel, fenders, and deck lid. Handed me over a check for $6,400 and was on my way to a paintless dent body shop and got estimated for $1400 to just fix and not replace.. havent decided what im gonna do though.. any suggestions ?

·
8,880 Posts
fraz said:
we had a hail storm here in overland park a few weeks ago, had $6,900 damage done to my IS. Insurance company said they wanna replace, hood, roof panel, fenders, and deck lid. Handed me over a check for $6,400 and was on my way to a paintless dent body shop and got estimated for $1400 to just fix and not replace.. havent decided what im gonna do though.. any suggestions ?
PDR!!! 8)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts