Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was comming home from work at around 9 last night. I was about to make a turn onto 441 (3 lane road) when I thought I would have some fun. I turn trac off and I give it about 3/4 gas around the turn, sure enough my tires broke loose and my car fishtailed around the turn. I tried to countersteer but I ended up overcorrecting and I was going right toward the center median at a 45 degree angle.

I hit the curb and luckily there was no traffic around (I wouldnt have tried this if there was traffic). My car somehow managed to roll back to the right lane. I got out and I couldnt quite tell the damage, all I knew at the time was that I really fucked up. From what I could see my left front tire was pushed in toward the back of the fender and I took a nice chunk outta my rim. My back left tire must have just clipped the curb as well cause its bent in a little bit. :cry:

Im really heartbroken about this, I feel so bad, I have no idea how much it is going to cost to repair, they need to take it apart to see what else is damaged, then I will get the estimate. O well this is what I get for driving like and idiot...

Heres the pics...thanks to dasgalloway for the hosting

Just needed to vent....please refrain from flaming :cry:

·
Registered
642 Posts
Ooh.....Sorry bout bout ur accident. Probably gonna cost you around 9 bills.

·
8,880 Posts
Welcome to the club. :cry:
Don't feel too bad.
It seems there is no real body damage, which is really good news. :-?
If there was, it is so painful to see the car being repainted.

Not sure if that will make you feel better, but
My First Crash
My Second Crash

I no longer have that car, but the new one got its side repainted after 2 months of ownership. :pissed:

·
Registered
865 Posts
it think its gonna cost more than 9 bills to fix that... :eek:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Left front fender needs to be repaired and repainted. New wheel maye tire. I'd guess $2000.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Ouch! My friend had same sort of situation, he skitted so badly while it was raining and hit the curb. The wheel was at the same position as you. That huge piece of rim that fell off was similar too, except he's flew out like a bullet and nearly shot a pedestrian. :eek:

Anyway, i think i know what's damaged. Just fixing the car up to be drivable, you'll need to replace the strut and some other little components which wouldn't cost as much. Good luck dude.

·
Registered
8,898 Posts
damn! :eek:

not much body damage, but there seems to be lots of internal damage.
Seeing that the entire wheel is setback, and the rear wheel is angled inwards, there will be a lot of replacing of the internal parts.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
the suspension stuff isnt that pricey hopefully your steering rack is ok.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
hmm in your first picture you car looks very weird. if u didnt bend the frame you should be alright

·
Registered
389 Posts
damm sorry to hear that bro!
at least yur ok

900-2000$ damm

let me try to help you

i think i might be able to get you a rim and tires from dealership
PM me i might be able to save you some coin.

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
yea that front axle is damaged bad. Looks like the back got damaged as well. Your looking around 8- 10k for repairing the fender, axle, rim, and all that business.

But yea, its a major bummer, bad things happen to good people. At least you're ok, and i'm sure your car will be too in due time.

I wish you the best of luck.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts