Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Black IS300 sitting at a light. I'm thinking, "oh, PERFECT. What a gift." I pull up, and some woman, 30-something, is behind the wheel. I keep looking over, thinking that maybe, just maybe, she'll run off the light, but no. She just stared straight ahead and oozed off the line.

Bummer. I don't see many IS300s in my parts, so dunno when I'll get that chance again.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Even if you do see one... whoever drives it would be too scared to race you anyway.... LOL

------------------
Nice but overpriced...

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by ISFAN:
Come on down big boy, I'll take your crapy azz on! Smoke ya putz!
Put some $$ on the line and I'll meet you somewhere and smoke you.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I bet ya pink slip to pink slip, ohh gee, hold on, we will have to put a rule in there that even when your car breaks down in the race you can not back out.

I heard that the CLS has a problem when you gun the engine, sometimes they fall out!

Hey GEOFF what are you doing bringing over your buds from h-a to rag on us.

Man there seems to be more trolls then ever on here. You are the leader and the trail blazer, you should be proud!

Have you serviced that CLS yet, don't want it breaking down on ya, ya know

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ISFAN, where do you get the ridiculous notion that Acura isn't reliable? Puh-leez.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Originally posted by geoff:
ISFAN, where do you get the ridiculous notion that Acura isn't reliable? Puh-leez.
Ahh, just pulling you panties, don't worry, you have a very reliable car. Got ya a little uptight there ay big cheese!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Originally posted by Unicron:
I haven't had a chance to race one, but I will add it on my to do list.

Cars to race:

S4
M Roadster/Coupe
Mustang Cobra
IS300

I saw a Honda S2000 today on the way to work. NICE CAR!!!!!!! First one I have seen. What are the specs on that car? Like Horse Power, 0-60 etc...

What cost is it. I heard someone say around 32k, is that right?

Either way, very nice car!!!!!

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by ISFAN:
Ahh, just pulling you panties, don't worry, you have a very reliable car. Got ya a little uptight there ay big cheese!
LOL...everytime I respond to your comments about my car you say I got upset. Not at all. I was seriously asking where you heard that Acura isn't reliable.

And again, ISFAN, the difference between you and I is that you fabricate your attacks on the CLS (you beat a CLS in a race/Acura isn't reliable), whereas mine, while annoying to you folks, was based on fact (the CLS is faster than the IS300). There is a big difference there. Reacting to someone spouting lies and someone speaking the truth are two different things. If I came here and said the CLS will handle neck-in-neck with the IS300 through the twisties, you freaks would go NUTS, and rightly so, as I'd be full of it. See my point?

·
Registered
125 Posts
ISFAN,

The best 0-60 time I have seen was from Motor Trend (Feb 2000). They ran a 5.2 second 0-60 and a 13.8 quarter mile.

There are some persons on www.honda-acura.net that run a 5.4 second 0-60 on thier gtech, and run high 13's at the track (stock).

I have never clocked my car, but I have beat Mustang GT's and run a close race with the new Camaro Z28 at a stoplight (lost by a bumper).

The msrp is $32,300 for the 2001. Unfortunately, there is a $3,000 markup because of the low numbers made (8,000 a year). I bought mine for $36,500 with options.

------------------
Unicron
S2K/00/Silver/Black/4766 (2) (3)
-Comptech Coilovers
-18x8.5 18x7.5 Volk Racing TE37's (Anthracite)
GrandTouring

·
Registered
626 Posts
LOL...everytime I respond to your comments about my car you say I got upset. Not at all. I was seriously asking where you heard that Acura isn't reliable.

And again, ISFAN, the difference between you and I is that you fabricate your attacks on the CLS (you beat a CLS in a race/Acura isn't reliable), whereas mine, while annoying to you folks, was based on fact (the CLS is faster than the IS300). There is a big difference there. Reacting to someone spouting lies and someone speaking the truth are two different things. If I came here and said the CLS will handle neck-in-neck with the IS300 through the twisties, you freaks would go NUTS, and rightly so, as I'd be full of it. See my point?

What are you talking about? Relax, my comment about the cls and reliability was a joke, uh that is why I put the smiley face in there. Now who is being paranoid.

I understand your car is faster. I would expect 260 horse power and 0-60 in 6.5 to beat 215 horse power and 0-60 in 7.1 or as they say 7.6, whatever. Ya know there is not much bragging when you know you have the bigger engine and faster car. That is like Mr. Universe bragging he can beat in the bench press, duh?

I was just having fun with ya! I know your style in here. That is why you post threads like this. I am used to ya.

Either way you slice it the IS300 is by far a better looking car both inside and out. My opinion, so don't get on my azz about that.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Originally posted by Unicron:
ISFAN,

The best 0-60 time I have seen was from Motor Trend (Feb 2000). They ran a 5.2 second 0-60 and a 13.8 quarter mile.

There are some persons on www.honda-acura.net that run a 5.4 second 0-60 on thier gtech, and run high 13's at the track (stock).

I have never clocked my car, but I have beat Mustang GT's and run a close race with the new Camaro Z28 at a stoplight (lost by a bumper).

The msrp is $32,300 for the 2001. Unfortunately, there is a $3,000 markup because of the low numbers made (8,000 a year). I bought mine for $36,500 with options.

Very nice. The one I saw today was silver and black as well. Man, that was a very saweet car. To bad it is 2 seater. I would have loved to have that, and what a reasonable price as well.

I have to see the inside of that. Is it niceq? Hell what am I saying, if the inside is half as nice as the outside that is one hot car. Have fun with it.

Insurance killing ya. I see your in TEXAS, not the best state for insurance I might add.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I actually thought about the S2K, as it is a sweet car, but I did not want just two seats, and let's face it, the S2K is not a winter car. Hence the CLS.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I actually thought about the S2K, as it is a sweet car, but I did not want just two seats, and let's face it, the S2K is not a winter car. Hence the CLS.
Man but down here in Florida that would be nice. All year round convertible down. To bad I have two kids and needed the 4 doors. I guess I love my kids more then cars, but hey there maybe an opportunity soon to get something like that as an addition to the IS300.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
About this Discussion
34 Replies
10 Participants
Agent Smith
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing