Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can purchase Hüper Ceramic tint in the GTA?

I have no issues finding SolarGuard, but I want a 20% ceramic tint, and have read Huper is the best. I want to avoid hybrid metal films this time.

I would go back to tintmaster, as they did a great job on my IS, but they can not get ceramic film.

Anyone have a local shop that sells the Huper Ceramic - 20 window tint?

Thanks.

·
Maverick
1,511 Posts
I had the same problem as well...GOOGLED "ceramic tint toronto" like crazy...no luck so I had to go with Solarguard...

M

·
Maverick
1,511 Posts
Ceramic Tint

Ceramic tint, I understand, is ideal for someone who is looking for something that rejects the maximum amount of heat without reducing visibility.

The ceramic film is not reflective nor is it non-reflective. It basically has the reflective quality like the glass itself with very good optical clarity. It supposedly is guaranteed not to fade or change colors and it will not interfer with radar, GPS, Satellite radio, am/fm reception or cell phone signals.

But, it's much more expensive, at least according to the pricing I see in the US.

M

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Exactly! well said.

I might have to go with 3M CS-20 if I can't get ceramic. Next best thing, I guess.
I can't believe it can't be had in Toronto. Disappointing.

Ceramic tint, I understand, is ideal for someone who is looking for something that rejects the maximum amount of heat without reducing visibility.

The ceramic film is not reflective nor is it non-reflective. It basically has the reflective quality like the glass itself with very good optical clarity. It supposedly is guaranteed not to fade or change colors and it will not interfer with radar, GPS, Satellite radio, am/fm reception or cell phone signals.

But, it's much more expensive, at least according to the pricing I see in the US.

M

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
So what is the real advantage of this tint? is it proven to make the cockpit cooler in hot summer days at the mall's parking lot?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts