Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think i may need to invest in one of those hidious black bras for my IS... The paint chipping is really freakin me out after a few deeps chips in 4weeks in NYC. Chips on silver or white can be camouflaged, but blue or black... youre dead and stinkin. Anyone know if Lexus or anyone else offers a nasty ugly bra for the IS to protect the nose?

·
Registered
814 Posts
I remember reading a post a month or so back that mentioned a clear bra (not the 3m stoneguard)but a clear plastic bra. I am trying to look into this option to protect my front. That way you can still see the beatiful front of the car while still protecting it.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have never seen a clear plastic bra? Wont that thing get yellow and dull after a few months of weathering? Where can i get more info on this stuff?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Originally posted by rarjoon:
I have never seen a clear plastic bra? Wont that thing get yellow and dull after a few months of weathering? Where can i get more info on this stuff?
They are guaranteed not to turn yellow for the life of your vehicle. You can even remove them if you don't like it and it won't leave any residue.

Most people of my friends couldn't even tell that it is there until I point it out.

It is well worth the investment.

Stongard's website is www.stongard.com

·
Registered
666 Posts
is it possible to take pics of the paint chips so we can see just how bad it is?

I've had my IS for several weeks now, did lots of long driving and havn't had any problems w/ paint chipping.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
wazzup
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing