Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but i need some help. anyone know of a reputable place in southern california that can work on our cars? the gte block is in, the tranny (thanks to mr. gte) and clutch/flywheel is bolted up. the cylinderhead has been race ported/gasket matched, and fitted with crower stage 3 cams. i have an innovative p-trim ballbearing turbo.. but no turbo manifold, or intercoolerpiping.. i also have an aem ems for a supra. so, i need=
~someone that can fab/weld. for the IC piping.. and maybe create a tubular manifold.
~someone that can wire in the ems, and hopefully tune it. i may have a couple people that are capable.. but im looking for a one shot guy if you know what i mean
~and hopefully someone that doesnt lag.. as bad as a shop that i am about to talk some massive smelly shit about once i get everything situated.

edgy, bashar, sxe10?? anybody from our oldschool crew wanna help me?

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
order a manifold from Toyomoto or another shop, no need to fab one they sell one that will work just fine

Also good luck with the hunt

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
Agreed on the manifold.
Buy the toyo one, or you can buy the chinese replica (possibly the same manifold) for like 300 bucks.

IC piping is trivial. Pretty much anyone can do it.
The AEM EMS...if you have a pinout, eventually you could probably finger it out. Otherwise, turbo97se has done it and I don't believe anyone else on the board has.

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
buy one from innomoto, hahahahahaha

seriously, just call toyo or te and get one from them

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Toyomoto coulda takes days/weeks to get ahold of. Contact Jarret @Powerhouse he supplies the cast manifolds to Toyomoto anyways and usually has them in stock. His pricing on Tubulars is better as well I believe. I had GREAT service when working with Jarret. He runs an awesome shop over there.
-Matt

·
Mr. Negative
12,388 Posts
you can get the tubulars from Toyomoto(who supplies them) or from TurboEast(who has a deal w/ Toyomoto on the mani's) or PowerHouse (who also has a deal w/ Toyomoto).

the cast was also supplied through toyomoto but has not been produced in a while because of how good the tubulars are now. pricing on the tubulars should be approx the same through toyo, te, or powerhouse.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you all for your help.. it really is appreciated. $25,000, 2 years later.. and i get a car that is 90% complete.

·
Mr. Negative
12,388 Posts
evolution_sfv said:
thank you all for your help.. it really is appreciated. $25,000, 2 years later.. and i get a car that is 90% complete.
care to elaborate?

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
evolution_sfv said:
:suspiciou

WTF man, please do tell :lol:

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
evolution_sfv said:

you better be putting 800 RWHP (at least) to justify that!

why did all this take 2 years?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
let me elaborate haha..

so last last november (2003), i blew my motor. i was running the pfs stage 2 shippable kit. i took the car to the tint shop, and they left the key on the 'on' position. ended up killing the battery because i have a system in the car. they went to charge it and somehow incorrectly did it. they hooked up the negative terminal first, then the positive side; it fried the tec3 in the car. peter farrel took it back and sent me a new one. revised and everything for free. i installed it and put the cam gear on as well. drove it the next day and blew it up =[

since then.. i ordered a gte block, getrag tranny, rps clutch and flywheel ($2,300), setrab oil cooler, nx nitrous for the intercooler (or the Ntercooler spray shit), the bigger innovative ball bearing turbo, an aem ems, race ported and gasket matched head, crower stage 3 cams for a supra.. didnt fit the IS head so they had to mill or weld something shut? an aem uego, ferrea valves, springs, retainers, locks.. etc., apexi avcr, sparco milano seat, stoptech supra brakes, trd 2 way lsd.. and lots of other things that i cannot even remember to type. all that plus the labor that the twins from twinsturbo.com charged just to assemble the motor, custom fit GTE's tranny conversion (which they say fit very poorly, and only one half of the driveshaft fits correctly) added up to close to 25,000. their labor charge was $11,164.14. so i spent near 13,000 on parts. ive been waiting since november of 03 to drive my beastly ass pimp ride. this is a worse tease emotionaly and financialy than investing in a stripper 20 bucks to have her ride my denim covered chubby and leave an oh so wonderfully smelling shit stain on my pants =[

why did it take 2 years? beats the fuck outta me. they first tell me that they are filming a show, and it would set them back a little. i was aight with that. so i bought an 04 civic si and built it for the time being. k20a2, full suspension, hondata kpro and it made 215 fwhp. that project has come and gone in the downtime that the twins still had my real car.. the IS. beginning of this year, i was already upset. they had my car for more than a year already, and all they do is complain to me of how this and that dont work together. they call me yesterday telling me that they gave up. they now need to build cars for sema. all expenses paid from nissan, and toyota. ok, bs.. if they can finish the car 90%, as long as it took them to get this far, they can afford to complete it before sema shows start. anyways, ive had very bad experiences with them, i just want the car back and all the parts that were not installed first, before i proceed with what im about to do. only reason why i havent taken any action yet is because they took this project up because a close friend of theirs is a good friend of mine.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Damn dude.. sorry about your luck. Although in the end it sounds like you should have an awesome car.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks buddy, but there is no need to apologize for my luck. its my own fault trusting these deuche heads with my car. i shoulda known from their tv show.. super2nr tv or something like that, that they are just a big gimmick. they built their 1000 hp supra fuckin badass as hell. too bad on a track day they forgot to bleed the brakes and didnt end up finish as fast as they thought..

and i hope i do come out with a tight car in the end, and hopefully it was worth the wait. its all a big learning experience.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
holy shit you spent $11,000 just in labor??? you better make 800+ HP all said and done...goddaaaaammmm! :jawDrop:

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
SP Engineering
424 Turnbull Canyon Rd
City of Industry, CA
(626) 333-5398

Turbo Evolution
5670 Schaefer Ave # I
Chino, CA
(909) 548-0558

1 - 20 of 29 Posts