Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

Registered
I was just chillin in my car. 馃槙

The plastic piece behind bumper attached to car body a little bent, is that frame damage or fixable piece?
The 'plastic piece' you referring I think is the rear bumper support. its metal but its repairable.
I see under the trunk lid is smashed in. That is frame damage and will need to be pulled or cut/weld.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, so it is all repairable? I put a lot of work into making this car run great, has 200k miles, want to get it fixed

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
What should I do? The car has sentimental value to me, and mechanically runs smooth and just did timing belt water pump radiator o2 sensors and all front suspension

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
I鈥檓 having trouble finding a part number for the 鈥榬ear bumper support鈥 it鈥檚 not the foam part or the steel metal bar it is the painted molding behind that, that looks like part of the car frame

If anyone has any other part numbers for

Rear bumper cover
Rear Tail lights
Trunk

Would be much appreciated
(If you have on hand)

Registered
I鈥檓 having trouble finding a part number for the 鈥榬ear bumper support鈥 it鈥檚 not the foam part or the steel metal bar it is the painted molding behind that, that looks like part of the car frame

If anyone has any other part numbers for

Rear bumper cover
Rear Tail lights
Trunk

Would be much appreciated
(If you have on hand)
Rear Bumper: 52159-53904
Rear Tail Lights: 81561-53031 (Driver Side) - 81551-53031 (Passenger Side)
Trunk: 64401-53080 (W/Spoiler)

Mr. Roo
Same thing happened to mine, except the impact on mine was lower, so the trunk wasn't that bad. But the metal behind the bumper was. They totalled it. Can't really tell what's going on there without taking it apart. If a new bumper, lights, and trunk is all it needs, then it shouldn't be totalled. But if there's damaged metal or 1/4 panels, then it would most likely be.

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone! All happened a time a drive thru while I was ordering guy behind me pressed wrong pedal hit me approx 20-30 mph have some whiplash hopefully no concussion went to dr. for initial checkup.

Registered
Discussion Starter #19
I鈥檓 pretty sad about this
I recently did timing belt water pump radiator front suspension
Changed tranny and gear oils etc etc car runs smooth
Anyone know the process of getting salvage title and re-registering? If I get the parts used and put it back together?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts