Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have been mostly focusing on IG and YouTube but figured I would share some knowledge. It can be done with minimum modifications to the upper and looks pretty decent. I took it upon myself to do a wire tuck and clean up the harness but would be happy to answer any questions one would have.

Attachments

·
Cherisher
4,831 Posts
I thought it was the same block minus the oil squirters...?

Pretty sure the Simpsons did it already.

Anyway, nice to see a custom build instead of a kit-kid :approve:

·
Registered
558 Posts
I thought it was the same block minus the oil squirters...?

Pretty sure the Simpsons did it already.

Anyway, nice to see a custom build instead of a kit-kid
Blocks are the same, except like you said - few small differences. He's got a GE head still. He's mated a GE lower intake to a GTE upper intake to get the FFIM. Looks badass too!

·
Cherisher
4,831 Posts
He's mated a GE lower intake to a GTE upper intake to get the FFIM.
Got it! Haha

Last time I saw that was when a member made an adapter plate. Yes, more info would be helpful to know what's going on.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Yessir more info please! Like Blkdout, I too thought there was more to it - machined adapters and such.

Got any pics of the process?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am still making the video for my YouTube channel. I recently had surgery on my nose so I can't work on it right now. No adapter plates needed. I had to add material to the outer holes of the 4 middle runners on the upper and oval out the 4 outer bolt holes on the upper. I used the factory GE gasket to figure out how. I will link the video once it's done. I should have the video done sometime next week.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have a set of GTE VVTI valve covers and Spark plug cover coming next week so i am pretty pumped to put those on and help with the look. Then i am going to focus on the outside of the car. Sand it all down to the body work and prime it, play around with some plasti dip and see what color i want to paint it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts