Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have been mostly focusing on IG and YouTube but figured I would share some knowledge. It can be done with minimum modifications to the upper and looks pretty decent. I took it upon myself to do a wire tuck and clean up the harness but would be happy to answer any questions one would have.

Attachments

·
Cherisher
4,800 Posts
I thought it was the same block minus the oil squirters...?

Pretty sure the Simpsons did it already.

Anyway, nice to see a custom build instead of a kit-kid :approve:

·
Registered
469 Posts
I thought it was the same block minus the oil squirters...?

Pretty sure the Simpsons did it already.

Anyway, nice to see a custom build instead of a kit-kid
Blocks are the same, except like you said - few small differences. He's got a GE head still. He's mated a GE lower intake to a GTE upper intake to get the FFIM. Looks badass too!

·
Cherisher
4,800 Posts
He's mated a GE lower intake to a GTE upper intake to get the FFIM.
Got it! Haha

Last time I saw that was when a member made an adapter plate. Yes, more info would be helpful to know what's going on.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Yessir more info please! Like Blkdout, I too thought there was more to it - machined adapters and such.

Got any pics of the process?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am still making the video for my YouTube channel. I recently had surgery on my nose so I can't work on it right now. No adapter plates needed. I had to add material to the outer holes of the 4 middle runners on the upper and oval out the 4 outer bolt holes on the upper. I used the factory GE gasket to figure out how. I will link the video once it's done. I should have the video done sometime next week.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have a set of GTE VVTI valve covers and Spark plug cover coming next week so i am pretty pumped to put those on and help with the look. Then i am going to focus on the outside of the car. Sand it all down to the body work and prime it, play around with some plasti dip and see what color i want to paint it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
7 Participants
Kris OK
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing