Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright first off I apologize, because I'm sure this has been answered before. I searched and read that swap manual and couldn't find my answer.

I'm preparing to GTE and manual swap my 05 IS. I will be using a VVTI GTE engine from an aristo like many others. I see that Tweak'd sells a swap harness that allows you to use any ECU you want, but I have also read in a few threads that the IS GE harness will "bolt on" or plug into the GTE engine. When people do this what are they using for an ECU? From my understanding the Aristo ecu doesn't work with the IS chassis, and I doubt the GE ecu will run a GTE engine, so are people doing something like the LINK standalone with the PNP harness?

·
Registered
561 Posts
Yeah, I have to agree with the Link. I am on AEM Infinity ( and it’s a good ecu, don’t get me wrong I like it a lot) and you have to keep the stock ecu for gauges, AC, etc. Way bigger wiring mess with dual ecus. If the Panic/Link was availiable when I did the swap, it’s what I would be using.

the GE VVTi harness will plug right up to the GTE VVTi. There were two plugs that need to be changed - the ECT and the oil level sensor I think -, and I had to extend the MAF wires because I placed it right before the GTE TB. The ACIS plug is not used, but I left the solenoid connected and zip tied under the GTE intake.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I have to agree with the Link. I am on AEM Infinity ( and it’s a good ecu, don’t get me wrong I like it a lot) and you have to keep the stock ecu for gauges, AC, etc. Way bigger wiring mess with dual ecus. If the Panic/Link was availiable when I did the swap, it’s what I would be using.

the GE VVTi harness will plug right up to the GTE VVTi. There were two plugs that need to be changed - the ECT and the oil level sensor I think -, and I had to extend the MAF wires because I placed it right before the GTE TB. The ACIS plug is not used, but I left the solenoid connected and zip tied under the GTE intake.

Is it possible to just swap the GE sensors over to retain the factory GE plugs?

·
Registered
561 Posts
That’s a good question, I didn’t try to do that so I don’t know. I just ordered the connectors and unpinned the GE ones, and repinned the GTE.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts