Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I did some searching but nobody has a definite answer to this. For those of you guys that have done the GTE swap, what throttle cable did you end up using? I ordered a USDM Supra TT throttle cable but it's waaay too long and also the flange piece that bolts onto the firewall is the wrong shape. Yes I did search but all it says is that you used the GTE throttle cable. Did you not run into any issues? Or is it possible I got the wrong part? Supply me with a part number if you can. I'm trying to get my car running soon and this little BS stuff is holding me up lol.

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
Jeff, PM goldis or japsfinest.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know I've already PM'd about 3 of you guys but...isn't the GTE cable WAAAY long? Maybe it's different on my car or what since it's a GS, but I think in terms of where the engine sits it should be the same as the IS. My stock GE cable is literally 2inches too short to reach the TT throttle body. But with the TT cable I have about a foot of extra slack! Can someone provide me with a part number of their TT cable just so I can make sure I got the correct cable.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, I think I got the wrong cable then. The one I recieved is about 2x longer than the oem cable lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts