Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Lexus IS300 NA-T
541 Posts
Many of these are custom made by welding a plenum to the stock is300 lower runners. There are adapter plates you can use to bolt the gte upper to the ge lower also, but they typically have hood clearance issues on the IS300 chassis.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Good luck getting the bolts on. I would just weld it to your runners.
I have one of these. They do NOT fit the is300. The rear will contact the brake booster and another thing that’s next to the brake booster. The rear 25mm or so needs to be chopped off along with some reshaping. The flange is also not very flat so you’ll need to get creative with the gaskets.

A simpler option would be to use Dodo racing’s adapter. It’ll do what you need and it’s made for the is300.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
A simpler option would be to use Dodo racing’s adapter. It’lol do what you need and it’s made for the is300
In addition, the XS Power plenum deletes a lot of runner length, which trades off low rpm torque for high rpm torque. A worthwhile compromise in some racing applications, but rarely for a street car.

·
Registered
2002 is300
533 Posts
I have one of these. They do NOT fit the is300. The rear will contact the brake booster and another thing that’s next to the brake booster. The rear 25mm or so needs to be chopped off along with some reshaping. The flange is also not very flat so you’ll need to get creative with the gaskets.

A simpler option would be to use Dodo racing’s adapter. It’ll do what you need and it’s made for the is300.
Thanks for that. They litteraly say they fit so funny they dont I'll make sure to stay away. You can sand the flange flat but I think the way they want you to bolt it up mixed with the fitment makes it not worth it. They do have 2 options but I'm not sure the difference. Last time I called neither did they.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts