Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

· Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some douche-bag just hit my car while it was parked in the driveway at my house.

Driver side rear quarter-panel, rear door and probably rear bumper need to be replaced. Car is also driving funny.

Need a REALLY reputable repair shop. Car is a 2008 Starfire Pearl IS350 (that is the tri-coat white colour). I DO NOT care about price, I want quality workmanship. Please give me your suggestions ASAP.

Thanks.

· Premium Member
27,050 Posts
Well if you don't care about cost... you can goto a dealer. I've seen Ken Shaw Lexus' body shop do good work... and if they don't do it right... they'll do the job over.

Otherwise Bullock City has a body shop that is popular here as well. I think their painter used to work for a dealer's body shop.

· Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My experience with dealer work hasn't been great. I find "high end" private auto body guys do better work, PROVIDED, they are really "high end".

Having just moved back to Toronto, I don't know any places around here but would certainly consider bullock city if others have had good experiences with them and their work.

· Premium Member
27,050 Posts
A number of people here have had work done with Bullock City and have been happy with the results. I personally only had my spoiler painted by them. My dad had the front end of his GS painted by them (stone chips :( )... redline.gt had his entire car redone by them (including rust removal)... lexusecutive had his race car painted by them...

So as you can see a good number of people have gone there and have been satisfied with their work.

· Registered
1,484 Posts
One of my buddies had SC400 Front bumper painted at Bullock. It's a shade of white, not sure the exact colour - but it took Bullock 3 tries before they were able to properly match the colour and in the end they didn't match it properly as they didn't check the colour under various lights. And on top of that the paint is starting to peel, after two months. (not knocking them..just saying)

I have had work done by JD Auto Collision in Pickering. They are pretty pricey but they do awesome work and guarantee it.

J.D Auto Collision
860 Brock Rd Pickering, ON
(905) 839-2469

Reactions: lexuriuz

· Registered
2,774 Posts
go to bullock city...they do a great job there...if not Impera Autobody does an awesome job as well...the owner of impera is a judge at most auto shows so he really has a nack for details and accuracy...I would only recommend going to those two...

· Registered
681 Posts
My previous car, Maxima, was a 3-stage icelandic pearl paint and Scarborough Nissan Collision did the work it and they did an amazing job. They of course take all makes. They are on Comstock Rd 416-757-8661...

· Registered
6,473 Posts
Erin Park Lexus uses ACG (Atlantic Collision Group). I have heard good things about them, but i'm sure someone will chime in with personal experience.

Digger08

· Registered
7,486 Posts
Erin Park Lexus uses ACG (Atlantic Collision Group). I have heard good things about them, but i'm sure someone will chime in with personal experience.

Digger08
I hated them. They did a really shitty job on my type R lip and spoiler.

Not sure about there body work but I wouldn't go to them for custom work.

· Registered
4,893 Posts
Wow sorry to hear that...

Wherever you decide to go make sure the shop will do blending with panels that are not getting painted. Ask them about this before they start any work.

If they just paint the new panels to the color code there will be a visible difference in hue. It's quite noticeable with adjacent panels. Theres just no way painting by color code will match your current paint, especially on white pearl.

· Premium Member
3,299 Posts
Bullock City. All the way.

· Registered
27 Posts
One of my buddies had SC400 Front bumper painted at Bullock. It's a shade of white, not sure the exact colour - but it took Bullock 3 tries before they were able to properly match the colour and in the end they didn't match it properly as they didn't check the colour under various lights. And on top of that the paint is starting to peel, after two months. (not knocking them..just saying)
That would be me. My car is 051, Diamond pearl. Tri-coat white is difficult to match.

To be fair on Bullock City:

1. The match was damn near-perfect on the first try, but there were other issues that had to be fixed (nothing to do with the quality of paint work). They acknowledged these issues and were eager to redo the job to make it right.

2. The peeling is in a corner, minimal, and apparently they are willing to resolve the issue after the car comes out of storage.

I can't really make a final judgment until I bring the car back to them, but from the recommendations of others I wouldn't hesitate going to Bullock; pretty sure my scenario is an isolated incident. Best of luck getting your IS350 looking like it should again.:approve:

· Registered
187 Posts
Some douche-bag just hit my car while it was parked in the driveway at my house.

Driver side rear quarter-panel, rear door and probably rear bumper need to be replaced. Car is also driving funny.

Need a REALLY reputable repair shop. Car is a 2008 Starfire Pearl IS350 (that is the tri-coat white colour). I DO NOT care about price, I want quality workmanship. Please give me your suggestions ASAP.

Thanks.
I hate that crap man, my IS 300 has been hit slightly 3 times when parked. I would do SERIOUS damage to the one that did it!

· Registered
1,282 Posts
The only bodyshop I deal with when it comes to paint is Impera.

Rick, although very busy is a stand-up guy to deal with. Paint work is great. However, the quality of the "paint job" has a lot to do with prep work. So if you don't give a shit about the price, tell him specifically you want a good prep as well as the top notch paint job.

· Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, I'm on day 12 now and the car still isn't done (and I'm not complaining). I've asked them to REALLY prep the car well and I told him I'd give him the car back if there was any overspray or uneven paint or a poor matching job.

We'll see. I took it to some guy that was referred to me from a friend and looked at his work. He does a lot of custom paint work on high end cars, so I'm hoping I made the right choice.

· Registered
692 Posts
Getting hood repainted...

So after 9 years, my hood's accumulated its share of stone chips, and recently.. a scratch/small dent from a bike.

I'm thinking of repainting it in the spring. Will the respray get rid of the small dent... or is that an extra service?

Anyone know of good body shops that can do the work at a fair price? My car is GGP. I've heard good things about Velocity. Much appreciated!

· Premium Member
27,050 Posts
One of the other "current" threads has a list of body shops in it.

Are you trying to figure out if the body shop will include the dent removal as part of the hood painting... or if they'll charge you extra to repair the dent?

I'd think that would depend on how bad the damage is too the hood and which shop you goto. My family had a part of a car repainted... and there was a dent in the wheel well. The body shop seemed to have just removed the crease as part of their work.

So the question is... how bad is the damage to the hood? lol If it indeed is small enough... they may just throw in that dent removal.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.