Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Technology rules! I'm actually making this post from my new iPod Touch! :)

Anyways, the media is going on and on about a storm which will start Thursday evening and go on into Friday. It's supposed to involve freezing rain and 20cm of snow.

This could just be media hype but then again it may not! So guess you should atleast keep this news in mind.

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
Yeah, it can be a media hype... /end sarcasm.

Reactions: LEXIGRL

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
growing up in toronto its pretty crazy that we even acknowledge a wee bit of snow

·
Registered
159 Posts
LOL I love it, "when i saw my lexus....it was...covered...it finally hit home"

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
hahahahah that's hilarious

"wheres the army???"

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Already have my car cover on my cars .

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Don't be afraid of the white stuff, trust me it's harmless. Took an hour to get to the airport today, side streets all the way, stay away from the metal things with four rubber tires, and a NUT behind the wheel, they're dangerous!

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I agree with clubfoot,dangerous especially in Markham:)

·
Registered
405 Posts
I work in Uxbridge (just north of Richmond Hill) it gets pretty bad out here.

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
Drove an hour and a half this morning for a 20 min exam.

Headed off to work after to find out they didnt need me.

Fuck this weather.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Just wondering....Do you guys get a lot of snow in mid-Feb in TO?

·
Registered
568 Posts
no issues on this end. I love the snow. I hope we get another storm like that. The news did mention that FEB could be more of a winter storm month.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
How are the highways in Southern Ontario during the month of Feb?

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just wondering....Do you guys get a lot of snow in mid-Feb in TO?
To be honest... February (+/- a few weeks) is pretty much the only time we get any real snow here. Many times we don't even have snow for Christmas. :(

This year we have been getting more snow than in recent years... with multiple ~20cm days (don't laugh... it's a lot for here). In regards to the highyways/roads condition... I don't think it's too bad. The problem is dealing with other DRIVERS who don't know how to handle the weather. If traffic is light... driving won't be any problem... but if there's a lot of cars on the road... you should watch out for idiotic drivers. We have idiots on both sides of the spectrum here... people who think they can drive 200km/h in the snow because they have AWD... and idiots who drive 10km/h when there's only the lightest sprinkling of snow on the roads.

Don't worry about not coming here during February due to the weather. Anything we have pales in comparison to what you guys would get in Alberta.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Thanks for the info. I'm always there in Feb for the Autoshow, but I never really drove much. This year, I'll be doing some highway driving and that's why I asked.

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
-15 this morning
-30 with the wind

LIKE WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?!

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
:shocked: :shocked:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts