Lexus IS Forum banner
281 - 288 of 288 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yury in Russia (same guy that removes the immobilizer in Toyota ECUs) has released an automatic transmission emulator for VVTi manual conversions.

ATEMU - auto transmission emulator.
Eliminates particular limp modes usually occurring when installing manual transmission and retaining original Toyota ECU. Stable idle and maximum possible power delivery results. Without properly addressing the limp modes, ignition advance and vvti timing will be fully retarded, and throttle opening angle will be limited.
It seems he feeds NCO+ (speed sensor), so it may solve some of the CELs. Would love to know if this allows the ECU to set the readiness monitors.

More here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/all4swap/

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #282 ·
Looks interesting. Details seem to be lacking. I went to his website and google translated it for me.

https://www.drive2.ru/o/b/3208970/

I don't currently have any CEL's but then again I don't think I'm making full power either. It's not clear if this fixes the issues with "readiness" too.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #284 ·
Just an addendum on this. I was under the car and noticed what looked like some oil coming from the sheet metal part of the oil pan. I have the engine cradle out now and see signs that the oil pan was rubbing a little on the engine cradle.

I've dinged in the cradle in some spots and removed the bulge of the weld for the engine cradle front side (the side that's near the pan. I'm also planning on raising the engine 1/4" using washers between the motor mount and the engine.

Since it's just a little rubbing and that includes a track day's worth of driving hard, I don't think it really needs much more additional clearance.

I'll post some pics if I get a chance.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #285 ·
1/4" aluminum puck made from some scrap I had in the garage. Should spacer it up enough so, there's no chance of contact.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Well, I own this car now.. the world really is a small place. And that supra isn't mine, I'm planning for a manual swap, and getting rid of the ugly rep wheels it's on. Putting some nice Sportcross stock wheels or some GS430 wheels. I just got it like 3 weeks ago. The guy who sold it to me was not the one who did the swap, believe the owner before him was you If he was right. But damn, 7 years is crazy.. I need to pass emissions soon though.
Car Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle Wheel

·
Registered
783 Posts
Well, I own this car now.. the world really is a small place. And that supra isn't mine, I'm planning for a manual swap, and getting rid of the ugly rep wheels it's on. Putting some nice Sportcross stock wheels or some GS430 wheels. I just got it like 3 weeks ago. The guy who sold it to me was not the one who did the swap, believe the owner before him was you If he was right. But damn, 7 years is crazy.. I need to pass emissions soon though lol. I'll use that "4.3" trick, hopefully it works.
How are you liking the power with that engine? Is it auto or manual AR5 swapped, I can't recall what EK9 had in the end into the IS.

·
Registered
85 Posts
How are you liking the power with that engine? Is it auto or manual AR5 swapped, I can't recall what EK9 had in the end into the IS.
It's automatic, pretty sure EK9 converted it to auto before he sold it to the guy who sold it to me lol.. I'm gonna do an AR5 or W58 swap in this car's life. I've been debating just using this car itself as a donor into my 03' Lexus Sportcross. I'm probably gonna get rid of this shell just because of the miles, I'm getting new balljoints on it asap. So far the car is amazing and I haven't had any serious issues. Don't regret it one bit..

281 - 288 of 288 Posts