Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

So i have sourced a 3.26 GS rear pumpkin,TRD Auto LSD w/ all bearings and seals. My question to those who have done it is- what is the real story with axles??? Does anyone know for sure why only 6 speed tt axles will work? Why not GS axles? What is the real difference between TT auto and 6 speed axles(other than length)? I am so close i can taste it so any help will be greatly appreciated! Also if anyone knows where i can locate a set of 6 speed axles i will be willing to pay a finders fee.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man . I am all good on the diff though it is the axles that are killing me!

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Thanks man . I am all good on the diff though it is the axles that are killing me!
Axles are def expensive, I believe the main reason behind using the TT axles and not the GS are the fact that the TT's are proven and more stout..

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Axles are def expensive, I believe the main reason behind using the TT axles and not the GS are the fact that the TT's are proven and more stout..
so at what HP/TQ level do you have to worry about having custom axles made?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Supra guys are going 9's on the stock axles and i think the hardcore guys do driveshaft shop axles at around 1200-1400 rwhp. If someone that knows could tell me if they have ever seen anything other than the tt axles used in a rear swap?

Reactions: Benjamminz_IS

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
TT axles have gone mid or high 8's on a handful of 6spd cars, auto's generally don't break many axles, nobodys running custom billet axles afaik..However 800rwhp+ you may break one drag racing every once in a while, if you run drag radials you may break them easier as DR's wheels hop and break alot of driveline parts..

Reactions: Benjamminz_IS

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
The Supra guys are going 9's on the stock axles and i think the hardcore guys do driveshaft shop axles at around 1200-1400 rwhp. If someone that knows could tell me if they have ever seen anything other than the tt axles used in a rear swap?
TT axles have gone mid or high 8's on a handful of 6spd cars, auto's generally don't break many axles, nobodys running custom billet axles afaik..However 800rwhp+ you may break one drag racing every once in a while, if you run drag radials you may break them easier as DR's wheels hop and break alot of driveline parts..
thanks guys, +rep if I can!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts