Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where does the extra horses in the GS300 come from? As far as I know it's the same engine... with the same air intake. Is it the dual exhaust on the GS300 that gives those extra ponies?

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
SEARCH

this has been asked before and I'd like you to find the old posts which explain it..

good luck

·
Registered
23,822 Posts

·
Registered
23,822 Posts
I think he just wanted to annoy some people. Looks like he got one fish :lol:

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tsopranoMB said:
SEARCH

this has been asked before and I'd like you to find the old posts which explain it..

good luck
Geeze... relax already! It's not like I committed a crime against humanity. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DonCorleone said:
you new... oh wait, he's been here for many hundred posts, tsk tsk crester, getting lazy? :lol:
Well I'm relatively new... that other thread was done TWO YEARS ago!

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
what other thread? the ones talking about the is300 vs the gs300 output? well considering the two cars are still the same, i would think nothing changed. :lol:

to answer your question it is the exhaust.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Has there ever been anybody that put a dual exhaust on their IS300?

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
Crester said:
Has there ever been anybody that put a dual exhaust on their IS300?

ISMAN with over 900 HP

you want to do it huh?

:lol:

others have gotten something fabbed

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DonCorleone said:
what other thread? the ones talking about the is300 vs the gs300 output? well considering the two cars are still the same, i would think nothing changed. :lol:

to answer your question it is the exhaust.
Thing I find though is... even if a discussion occurred in the past... 2 years later people might have new opinions to add to it. I guess not everybody agrees. :blush:

So if it indeed is the exhaust which is limiting horsepower... does this mean it's a waste to change the air intake alone? Or can you still have a benefit?

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
not saying the discussion is done and nobody should ask about it, just wondering why you didnt do a search/bring back the old thread and continue the discussion there.

some ppl think its a waste to do anything short of f/i for power mods on the is300. whether you feel its worth it or not is up to you to research and decide for yourself.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts