Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what year GS300 alternators work on an IS300?
the 93-00 models produce 130 amps so I was hoping that would work...

Heater brings the voltage down to 12v in my car... with windshield wipers 11.8v
with my music going.... 10.8v... I really think Lexus should have put a higher producing alternator in IS300s
thanks

Reactions: Lexifer

·
Registered
157 Posts
I don't have an answer for your question but I noticed your weathering out the same storm I am. I went to pep boys to get my alternator tested and they had 6 trees fallen in their parking lot and 3 trees were on top of car, so I said screw this and left. I found the parasite drain its in my radio circuit not my alternator, thanks! It was your suggestion that saved me a trip to stevens creek lexus.

·
Premium Member
25,468 Posts
It's entirely too easy to find HO alternators for IS300s. Iraggis are everywhere, and they make several models that work with the IS300.

130amp alternator doesn't get you too much more, my cars runs one stock, and it's looking like my 2000watts is proving to be too much for it.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
deng... so 130 amps isn't enough for you? I am not going to go past 1000 rms... lmao I'm not as into radio systems as you...

Maybe I'll just have to go with the 180 amps alternator. I also found out that the Fog lights kill about .5volts ...

·
Premium Member
25,468 Posts
For 1000 watts... the stocky should do fine.

Get a better battery. A low ESR rig will help out here. It also helps to do "the big three".

And alternator is really the only way to get your car to make more current, but there are many steps you can take to ensure that you're using the current your car is generating as efficiently possible before you go buying expensive parts like alternators.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found out what my problem was... haha..
I just got a new amp so I went to unplug the amp wire from the battery but when I grabbed the wire, the screw holding all of my wires fell off the battery.. :oops:

I put that screw back on when I was done and now my car is just flourishing with power... got to love the optima

1 - 6 of 6 Posts