Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I told the salesguy the deal i wanted on friday, he said he would call me back later that day and never did. I called down sat but he was at the auto show. So today i call about 11 and he is not in yet and i leave him a voice message. Its almost 2 now and no call from him. I don't want to seem over eager, but i would like to get this moving and get the best deal still. They gave me what i wanted for my trade in, but were trying to charge me sticker for car. I told him i wanted the car for 33,000 (i don't think this is pushing it), and finaced for 72 months at 7 1/2-8 % interest. So should i call again around 3 or wait for him to call me back.

Thanks

·
Registered
281 Posts
Originally posted by Ashenor:
I told the salesguy the deal i wanted on friday, he said he would call me back later that day and never did. I called down sat but he was at the auto show. So today i call about 11 and he is not in yet and i leave him a voice message. Its almost 2 now and no call from him. I don't want to seem over eager, but i would like to get this moving and get the best deal still. They gave me what i wanted for my trade in, but were trying to charge me sticker for car. I told him i wanted the car for 33,000 (i don't think this is pushing it), and finaced for 72 months at 7 1/2-8 % interest. So should i call again around 3 or wait for him to call me back.

Thanks
isnt $33k kinda high??
there r many ppl who got theres for like $32k..even $31,500...especially since the 2001's r pretty easy to get now..

late

·
Registered
20,481 Posts
Wow that's very surprising. You know if you call up Lexus and tell them about this salesperson, he has to go get a disciplinary training, unless he's a manager of course. My sales guy called me about five times w/ offers until I finally decided.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i am trading in my 2000 lightning, they are giving me 27,500, there first offer was 25,00 for it. So i thought if i could get that and the car for 33,000 that would be a good deal. The first day i walked in the dealership i walked around for 20 mins and had to walk up to a salesguy sitting at his desk and ask for help, i was pretty pissed.

I call that salesguy back the next day and he pawns me off to another guy. This guy was super busy but alot nicer then the first guy. But i am not sure what is going on with the deal right now.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bah, i call back to the dealer and ask for my salesguy. His Ext rings and voicemail picks back up, so i call back and ask if he is in, and the lady says i have not seen him today. So i ask is he going to be in, and shes like i don't know what his schedule is. Grr i swear they are trying to make me buy something else.

·
8,880 Posts
Wow. I had absolutely opposite experience. My salesperson called me even after I got the car to see if everything was alright.
He even scheduled my 1,000 mile inspection.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know if its that i am 26 or what. I probably look a bit younger. My Lightning is up for the winter and i am driving a beater 93 grand prix around for the winter right now, so not sure if they thought i was some punk or what. I have shown nothing but interest in trying to make a deal, but i must say they are not helping me much.

·
11,061 Posts
Mine called me after the sale too...and scheduled the first service with me. Better find another dealer or at least another sales guy. (And let the boss know he's dropped the ball.) Either this guy has personal problems or he's not hungry.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Call and ask to talk with the sales manager. Explain what you've gone through, and that you are interested in buying a car now, if you can get your salesperson to talk with you. If that doesn't get you a call, then I suspect your salesperson is about to leave the dealership one way or another.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Another prob is the 2 lexus Dealers in my area are owned by the same people. So its not really like i can shop around.

·
8,880 Posts
I don't think age matters. Depends on the dealer.
I'm 21 and had '97 Corolla trade-in.
No one doubted my intentions to buy IS.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, i stopped there after school, and i just had jeans and a leather jacket on. I walked around for over 20 mins and had to ask for help, i noticed at least 3 different people walk in with suits on and get helped right away. So who knows.

I called the dealership back and they put me through to the manager who of course was not around and i got his voice mail. So lets see if he calls me back today. I did not think it would be so hard to give them my money.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm in CA, Orange County. The price quote I've jsut got from Westminster Lexus is 32k+TTL. It comes with Leather package, sunroof, carpeted cargo mats, chrome wheel(oems), spoiler, wheel lock. I think this is a very reasonable price.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just called the other dealship in the area (owned by the same place). They are like well we can only give you whatever deal they are giving you at the other dealership, and pretty much said just deal with them. Next closet Dealership is Ohio i think. I thought i would have the deal hammered down today, and heading up to pick up my truck to trade it in tomorrow. Funny thing is from what i hear from everyone i am not even asking for that good of a deal, i would think they would jump all over it.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I just noticed where you are... (Oak Park native myself).

They're probably accustomed to dealing with execs from Bloomfield Hills and Birmingham.

Hmm... I'm tempted to say screw'em, but that doesn't get you the car. If it doesn't trouble you to do it, try changing into some good clothes (not necessarily a suit, but nice pants, button down shirt, good shoes, etc..) and walk in again. I bet you'll get noticed faster. Again, try talking with the sales manager and explain what's been going on.

[This message has been edited by sacremon (edited January 22, 2001).]

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well i am not going to "dress up" to have to get attention to buy a car. I am a student/bartender so i don't walk around daily in suits and the such. I do dress nice, but casual. I am having 2nd thoughts now if i should just keep my 2000 lightning. I really like the Lexus, but i don't really like being treated like this.

·
Registered
418 Posts
take your the binez else where!! Sorry to hear that, but your the one with the buying power, so take it to another interested dealer... maybe try over the web...Indiana?? Ohio???

1 - 20 of 28 Posts