Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took delivery of a new Corvette last week, there is a post with a pic if you care to see it. The reason I'm posting is that I went for my first organized drive this weekend and had to get you guys pumped to go out and do this.

We had six cars, everyone had two way radios, (Target for 30-40 bucks), and we tore around for a couple of hours on some back roads. I felt like a little kid again.

The parade of multiple cars, same make and model, draws tons of attention. People honk and wave, gas stops were an event and the radio chatter during the ride was hilarious.

I would highly recommend that the IS squad jump on this wagon. You guys have happening cars that can handle some twisties and they have a lot of eye appeal. I just think you guys would have a great time and would encourage you to form some weekly or monthly drives. Who knows, maybe Vettes and IS's can go out and play>

Remeber, Fun is the best thing to have.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I think you're forgetting that a lot of IS owners are pissing and moaning when they start seeing more IS's on the road. Probably the last thing they want is to cruise around as part of a 8 car IS conga line. Could be wrong though....

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I have done this kind of thing with the Rx7 clubs and MR2 clubs. It is alot of fun.

Organizers beware - make sure that everyone understands not to drive reclessly and that the group is not responsible for any accidents caused by individuals. If you really do organize an event you might even have everyone sign a form saying that they agree not to break the law, and that they will not hold the group (or organizers) responsible for any problems that may come up during the event.

I have not personally had any problems, but I have heard of rallys where a cop pulled everyone over at once saying that it was some kind of "non sanctioned parade", and other events where someone ran off the road and claimed that it was part of a group event so the organizers should help pay for the damage, towing, or whatever...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
TEG
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing